cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mike_snowden
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Moving soon, speed checker giving odd results

We're currently buying a new house, and I was looking at transferring my Infinity to the new house - but the Speed Checker is showing Infinity as unavailable.  By mistake, I entered the house next to our target, which is on the same telegraph pole, and it comes up as available for that house.  The others on the same pole don't.

Then I looked around the corner, and the adjacent roads have full speed infinity.  It seems odd that a single pole has different enabling status for some houses.

Is there any way to find out why the provision is different?  If these are non-standard lines, direct to the exchange, then I would have thought that it would be a BT cost saving to revert them to "standard" provision - assuming of course, that the cabinet isn't full...

Mike

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moving soon, speed checker giving odd results

only the phone number check will be accurate as the address / post code checks are based on postcode centres which may be on different cabinets
mike_snowden
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

OK, will apply with real number as soon as I can get it from the vendor.

If only the 8 houses on my new road can't get infiinity, and the surrounding roads (yards away!) have already been upgraded to 70 meg capability, I won't be happy!

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

the only accurate check is the phone number check
0 Ratings