cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeeK
Contributor
Message 31 of 37

Re: Moving to BT from Talk Talk any happy BT customers

I find it so funny that some people still don't get the difference between BT Retail and BT Wholesale. Two completely different things and BT Retail do by no means have a monopoly.

As for me, well... my service hasn't actually started yet since I only ordered a week or so back. So far though, the customer advisors have been wonderful to deal with, quite unlike Virgin (which is my current provider). It'll be interesting to see what the actual service is like, but so far so good.

0 Ratings
Ocean
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 37

I`ve been with BT for a number of years, they are not perfect - no ISP is - but I`m extremely happy with them and their customer relations.

. . . it must be remembered that the sea is a great breeder of friendship. Two men who have known each other for twenty years find that twenty days at sea bring them nearer than ever they were before, or else estrange them.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Empgamer
Contributor
Message 33 of 37

I have always been with BT, 30+ years.  99% of the time I have found the service fine and have not had much go wrong.  They are a massive company though with millions of customers so I suppose there will always be problems, some horrendous.  

I recently had a major issue over BT promising me contract renewal terms over the phone that they failed to apply to the billing.  Luckily I noticed it.  Only when I insisted that they listened to the call that they 'record for quality and training purposes' did they admit they'd screwed up.  Any future agreements will be made in writing so we both know where we stand.  So, they had a broadside over that, couple of other times too, but in 30 years.

So for me, the broadband and phone service is generally good, for customer support I find forum moderators better than their telephone helpdesks, the Homehub works well and the add ons available like FON are worthwhile.  If you are unlucky you may get a problem, even a major one but I have heard some real horror stories about other providers, especially when things aren't working.

0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 34 of 37

SEEK  _

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find it so funny that some people still don't get the difference between BT Retail and BT Wholesale. Two completely different things and BT Retail do by no means have a monopoly.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I think you will find this very debatable, i would suggest there is a conflict of interest .It is well noted in independent press .

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
vvhitesnake
Beginner
Message 35 of 37

I also moved from talk talk to BT on 25th ( its my first day) so far so good, the speed is what it was prosmised and it was a very pleasant and comfortable move had to wait just under an hour for my broadband to go live. Hope BT will continue theyr service at this level. Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 37

@vvhitesnake

welcome if you ever need any help or advice please post back and there is always some one about to help or advise
0 Ratings
RMcN
Message 37 of 37

Interested to read of the experience of moving from TalkTalk to BT

My experience was as follows:

Late 2012 - received sales call from BT pushing Infinity

I was promised a return call one week later....never came!

March 2013 - I looked at Bt online - decided to move and phoned to 'sort out'

Salesman was very good and after a very lengthy call I purchased and everything seemed fine

About a week later I receive 5 letters in one day

2 from TalkTalk and 3 from BT

One BT letter says I have someone moving into my home!!

Also number is changing

Phone BT and they say 'that letter is designed to provoke a reaction!!!!'

Then I get another sales girl who again is very helpful and tells me 'this is a mess and needs resorted'

I now seem to have a BT phone line with an incredibly slow Broadband.

I was to receive a call from BT on Tuesday past but guess what NO CALL

Searched online and there seems to be a problem with my order

I have spoken to some other people who have switched and their experience has not been good.

RM

PS I did receive a shiny new router!

0 Ratings