Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
altyfc
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Moving to home office

Hello

I'm currently in the throes of vacating my office in town and switching to working from home (just a mile away, so same town). I would like o retain the same work number.

What's the best way of going about this?  I have tried to get to speak to a real human being about this (would be nice, BT) but seem to struggle at every hurdle and just get directed to automated options.

Do I get a new line installed at home and then ask for the office number to be switched across to the new line/number? (I'm also wanting to have calls from another number directed on to this line, plus have broadband put on the line in all probability.)

Is there the way to go about this and, if so, what is the cost and how do I get things moving?

Thank you

Paul

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moving to home office

from your post this would appear to be a business line and you need to post on business forum not residential https://business.forums.bt.com/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
altyfc
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Even though I'm moving the line to a home number?
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

@altyfc wrote:
Even though I'm moving the line to a home number?

Business and residential are totally different departments of BT Retail. You would have to simply transfer the business line to your home address, only BT Business can do that. They can also arrange call diversion of another number as well, to your business line at home.

See http://business.bt.com/collections/moving-business/

Quite a few people run their business from home, but they need to have a business line, as BT forbid you using a residential line for commercial usage, but you can have a business line at a private address, and have BT Business Broadband.

Business lines also get priority in the event of a fault.

0 Ratings
altyfc
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Thanks, Keith... it doesn't look like they get any priority when it comes to basic support, sadly.

Nobody appears to be answering questions on that other forum. 😞

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

You have been given some good advice on this thread

https://business.forums.bt.com/t5/Phones-phone-lines-and-phone/Question-about-moving-a-line-to-a-dom...

It does take a bit longer on that forum, as most people are too busy running their business Smiley Wink

The VOIP option would be ideal for you.

0 Ratings