cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peter1977
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Moving to sky but they cannot set up and take service as postcode/address wrong

I am moving to sky but they cannot proceed as there is a mismatch with the address somewhere.

Chatted with BT and they have referred me back to Sky to resolve who have stated BT need to resolve this with Openreach.

i am getting no where! 

Please help.

regards

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 15

Re: Moving to sky but they cannot set up and take service as postcode/address wrong

Hi @Peter1977

Welcome and thanks for your post!

Sorry there is a mix up with your address details and that you feel like you're going round in circles.  Are your services currently with BT Retail?  If they are then we can contact Openreach to get the records corrected.  If not, then you will need to approach your current service provider to contact Openreach on your behalf.

If your services are with BT then you can click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.  When you complete the form, please include the correct address as listed on Royal Mail's website

Cheers,

Robbie

JohnC2
Message 3 of 15

Re: Moving to sky but they cannot set up and take service as postcode/address wrong

Hi @Peter1977 I've received confirmation back from Openreach this morning that the address records are now updated. You should be able to place your order now OK. Please check and let me know.

Cheers
John

Peter1977
Beginner
Message 4 of 15

Hi John,
Thanks Sky have confirmed that all appears to match but now say they can’t provide broadband to my address. My neighbor has it and we are close to the exchange. They cannot give a reason and no other provider appears to be able to help?
How would I take this forward?
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number

if number does not work then use address  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Peter1977
Beginner
Message 6 of 15

IMG_0009.JPG

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

from checker results you appear to be EO ( exchange only) which as checker shows you cannot yet get fibre broadband and only alternative is adsl/copper

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Peter1977
Beginner
Message 8 of 15

Thanks, I have normal broadband and know I can't get fibre for some time but wanted to move. 

Any provider I talk to is unable to offer any service but can't explain why! Next door has Sky and we are close to the exchange...

i cant see why I am stuck with BT! 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

use your address in dslchecker and post results  see how that compares to phone number 

unless it takes time for openreach database to update for other ISPs

Peter1977
Beginner
Message 10 of 15

Little difference but I don't know what I'm looking for! checker2.png

0 Ratings