Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NCHR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Movong from Infinity 2 to Infinity 1

Hi

Is it actually possible to move from Infinity 2 to Infinity 1? I am currently paying for an Infinity 2 connection but only ever get a download speed of around  32 mbs max (upload of around 7 mbs). So as far as I can see I'm paying an extra £6.50 per month for nothing.

I've spent a very frustrating 2 hours on the BT website, attempting to call the helpline and have a live chat, all to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
zebie31
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: Movong from Infinity 2 to Infinity 1

when i phoned bt to ask them that they said they could but i would have to recontact for 24 months, even though i just started a 12 month contract, but i don’t want to be tied with any isp for 2 years so im not going to downgrade

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

try options team and see if they can help 0800800030

can I ask why did you opt for infinity 2 when speed below infinty 1 max?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
NCHR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Thanks Zebie31, something to ponder there.

0 Ratings
NCHR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Thanks imjolly

I originally signed up to infinity 2 because I was quoted a range of between 40 and 60 mbs, when infinity 1 was only up to 38 mbs. When it was installed it ran at 51 mbs (pretty much in the middle) but its been down at 32 mbs for just about 12 months now. I don't suppose its likely to improve and as the speed at installation was only about the current infinity 1 maximum that looks like my best option.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

infinity 1 speed is being increased free to 80mb  there are numerous post on forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
zebie31
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

i just called the customer options teams to see about downgrading, i payed 12months line rental up front, so for infinity 2 i currently pay £21 per month. last time i called them (5 days ago) they said i could go on infinity 1 for £16 per month on a new 24 month contract. this time they said it would be £10 more than what currently paying to downgrade to infinity 1! so im fuming and once my 12month contract is up im leaving for a different isp if thats how they treat people who reasonly joined.

on a side note can anyone clarify is the 14 day cooling off period from the day you placed the order or the day the infinity went live? he said it was the date when i placed the order but i believed it was the date the infinity went live.

0 Ratings
zebie31
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Good news, i tried phoning the customer options team again hoping i would get someone more helpful. at 1st he was the same but in the 1/2 hour i was off the phone i read through the terms and then got him too look them up too http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/static/terms/post3rdjuly2016voiceandbroadband.html.

“cooling-off period – the period from the date the agreement is made until 14 days after:

the equipment (if any) is delivered;
the service start date; or
the day you receive your order confirmation;
whichever is latest.”

first he would not budge and said im outside my cooling off period as it started when i placed the order, he said this over and over even though i got him to read the terms. i told him that he was missing the important part “whichever is latest”.

1st placed order(he said this is when 14 days cooling off period started)

2nd got equipment (homehub) 

3rd infinity went live

i pointed out that important line “whichever is latest”, which was infinity went live, meaning i was still in cooling off period. he then went to confer with colleagues and manager and came back 5 mins later and said i was right i was still in cooling off period as i have had infinity active for less than 14 days (he said the “whichever is latest” is new, i dont think it is as part of the link says July2016. As i was in cooling off period he said i could start the cancellation process. i told him all i wanted was a package that was suitable to the speed my router was syncing at and there was no point in having infinity 2. i managed to get them to put me on infinity 1 for £16 that they promised 5days ago as i already payed line rental (34.99 with line rental) on a 12month contract, was paying £21 for same speeds on infinity 2, so im happy with that result. to think in the earlier call they wanted me to pay £10 extra to downgrade to infinity 1 just cos they believed i was out of my cooling off period.

0 Ratings
NCHR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Interesting stuff. Clearly I need to move to infinity 1 as I've never had speeds even approaching 80 mbs.

Thanks

0 Ratings
NCHR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Well done

I'm going to give them a call and see what I can sort out.

Thanks

0 Ratings