cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 121 of 193

Re: Multicast Settings for 3rd Party Routers may not work

Well today I decided to configure my replacement TP-Link WR1043ND and use as an access point. It's been in it's box since it arrived the other week as when first tested it I noticed there were no settings for IGMP.

During the configuration I noticed it was automatically routing 239.0.0.0 (which is multicasting address) so I decided to configure and place as router and hey presto it worked straigth away.

0 Ratings
Chrisoldinho
Beginner
Message 122 of 193

Has anyone managed to get this working with a Tomato based firmware.

I am using an ASUS RT-N16 with Shibby Tomato FW on it.

Have enabled IGMPproxy on the LAN, and enabled "Efficient Multicast Forwarding" but am still unable to get it working (not even the test channel).

Am I missing something?

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Guru
Message 123 of 193

Do you have anything on the WAN tab that looks like this "Enable VPN + DHCP Connection" , if so disabling this was the change required on the RT-N66U router.

0 Ratings
Chrisoldinho
Beginner
Message 124 of 193

Hi
No unfortunately on the Tomato derivative the WAN tab doesnt exist. I do run both DHCP and OpenVPN though so I will try disabling these and post back.
0 Ratings
Chrisoldinho
Beginner
Message 125 of 193

No change sadly, I guess I will have to setup some kind of bridge and run 2 routers.

0 Ratings
dickybag
Beginner
Message 126 of 193

Sepph,

Thank you so much for saving me an arm and leg and plently of stress.

I have an Asus RTN65U on fibre to home it is brilliant except I could not get the BT sports to work. So I up dated the software then Enablled the multicast (it doesn't have IGMP snooping) no joy. So I thought that was the problem. Read your post & I changed 'Enable VPN + DHCP Connection' to 'No'. And WOW it works everthing direct to the You View box in the lounge via cable and another You View in kitchen via the ARCNET plug via electric cable. Thanks

so much Dicky 🙂

0 Ratings
dnp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 127 of 193

This works for my Assus as well - just follow instructions in post #108. BrilliantSmiley Happy

0 Ratings
nosher
Beginner
Message 128 of 193

I couldn't get my Asus to work - Dusted off my old BT HH3 - everything worked no problem.

Found this forum thread - mammoth read!! (Cheers to all the contributors!)

I have the Asus RT-N66U - currently running firmware 3.0.0.4.260 - followed the instructions in post #108 - sorted.

Now I need to cancel BT engineer visit (I was on the phone to New Dehli for an hour yesterday!)

Thanks again!
Nosh
0 Ratings
backayard
Beginner
Message 129 of 193

This is how I got BT YouView working on Draytek Vigor 2860, I think the same setting should work on other Draytek router

1 Go to NAT and click on Open Ports, any Index number

2 Enable Open Ports, enter the IP address of your YouView box and the port forwarding number, TCP/UDP 1024/8081

3 Go to Applications and click on IGMP. Enable IGMP Proxy and Snooping

4 Reboot router

That’s It

Screen Shot 1.png

Screen Shot 2.png

Screen Shot 3.png

0 Ratings
AbandonedTrolley
Beginner
Message 130 of 193

I'm using the TP-Link TL-WDR4900 N900 but notice that when watching BT Sport channels that I can no longer connect to the internet using other devices and it flashes activity on all 4 ethernet ports.  Is anyone else having this problem too?

Also recently I've noticed that I cannot get the HD channels but can watch SD fine.

0 Ratings