Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
irhut
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Multiple boxes

Hello all,

I know that you can pay extra each month for a second box. Does anyone know if you can add a third box. Basically i have ordered BT TV with 2 youview recording boxes. Ideally I would like a third box (does not need to record) that allows me to view all channels including BT sport etc. Is this possible?

Ian
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Multiple boxes

You maybe be able to order one of the Mini Youview boxes from BT which don't record.

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
gmackay1903
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

All Freeview channels (three boxes) with recording will work OK without issue, IP (Internet) based channels require you to deregister a box to register the third box using the BT Vision App.

Not an issue and you can do this as many times as you like, but you need to do it each time depending on the boxes you use.

For example if you want to:

Box 1 - Watch IP / BT Sport

Box 2 - Watch IP / BT Sport

Box 3 - De-register Box 1 or 2 and Register Box 3 to Watch IP / BT Sport

Box 3 - Watch IP / BT Sport

Box 2 - Watch IP / BT Sport

Box 1 - De-register Box 3 and re-register Box 1 or 2 to Watch IP / BT Sport

And so on depending on the box you use.

It works, just fiddly.

0 Ratings
irhut
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Thanks very much for your response. One more question - is it possible to de-register a box from another box. So if I am sitting in front of box 1 can I de-register box 3 in order to register box 1 or would I physically have to go to box 3 to de-register it.

Thanks

Ian
0 Ratings
gmackay1903
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

When you register a box it will automatically de-register one of your other registered boxes.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

Just to add to the above post I don't think you'd be able to control which one would be de-registered so someone in the house might be a bit upset! I could be wrong as I've only 2 boxes.

0 Ratings