cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Multiple disconnections per day with low upload speeds

In the past few weeks I am keep getting broadband disconnections / router restarts, followed by low upload speeds such as 4 Mbps from 17...

They seem to happen randomly, mornings, evenings, etc. For example, 1-2 hours ago I had around 17 and now it is down to 2.26...

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? Sometimes I manage to get back the full speed by restarting the BT Smart Hub. This is getting very disturbing and I can see other people reporting similar issues...

Product name:

BT Hub 6A
Serial number:

+084319+NQ62901930
Firmware version:

SG4B1000B316
Firmware updated:

30-Aug-2017
Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 0 Hours 26 Minutes 19 Seconds
Data rate:

2.26 Mbps / 60.49 Mbps
Maximum data rate:

2312 / 61753
Noise margin:

6 dB / 3.3 dB
Line attenuation:

17.2 dB
Signal attenuation:
VPI / VCI:

0/38
Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B
Latency type:

Fast Path

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Multiple disconnections per day with low upload speeds

have you checked your phone for noise  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

are you using the test socket with a filter to see if that improves your stability

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Whenever I get low upload speed, there is quite a bit of noise on the line. Even when I have normal speeds, there is still some background noise, but nothing serious.

A few months ago we had the filter swapped with a BT Openreach MK4 I believe (I am not home to check) and it was fine since then. Even if I remove the faceplate and use a basic filter, I am getting the same behaviour - dropouts and low speeds every now and then.

I discussed with BT staff last evening and they said there is a configuration issue whilst they were testing the line... There is an enginner coming tomorrow to check it out, but I have no idea what that means or what he can do.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

any noise on your phone line is a problem for your broadband - hopefully the engineer will be able to fix your line and broadband should get back to normal

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings