cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Multiple issues but lets try 1 at a time

It started when I tried to use BT Smart talk.  This had previously been setup and working.  But somehow BT managed to disable it without notification.  Tried to Sign up again and it wouldn't let me.  After many calls and each time being told mostly different things although often they said there is a known fault which will be fixed in 24hrs (even though my fathers smartalk was working fine) This went on until they decided it was because there was an open order on my account. After a couple of days the Order Management team cleared this order (Although no-one could/would tell me what it was)

In MyBT I now see no products

I have been assured a couple of times that they have fixed it and it will be working in 24 hrs but - Guess what - No change!!

On the BT Smart talk  Manage button I now get a report of an internal server error - Quite likely because it has no phone on the account?  BT have now twice removed my online account and re created it with a different user name and password.  But Guess what - its still the same  - They now say it will be working in 24 hrs as they have many times before but I have no confidence as they have said that so many times before, all it does it gets me off the line to them.

So lets fix this problem of no phone on this account (I can see my bills fine!!) then we can look at the Smart talk and then a couple more but lets keep it simple - one fault at a time.

Jon

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Multiple issues but lets try 1 at a time

Jon, you need the BT forum mod team to sort this out.

I've alerted them to your post. They will reply here when they come on shift with instructions on how to contact them.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
Highlighted
Message 3 of 7

Hi eskdale,

Thanks for posting. I can look into this for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Thanks David
I have filled in the contact form earlier this morning
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Just spent another 2+ hours on the phone to BT - still not fixed - They deleted me account again and recreated it.  They had me delete my BT-Smarttalk app and reinstalled it all to no avail.  They say they have escalated it and I'll get a call back in 24 to 48 hours - Yet another delay - How can it be so difficult to fix - They even tried selling me BT Broadband twice - I told them I'm not likely to trust them supplying Broadband if they can't get the phone account correct !

Even worse they have now disabled my Fathers Smarttalk service - His name is similar but his account is supposed to be totally separate.  I was worried they might do something stupid like that when they said I see you have 2 lines with us and when I said no I only have one they gave me my fathers telephone number.  I said to them whatever you don't change my fathers account instead.  His reply was no that is not possible.  So appears BT can do the impossible - Just wish they could put back right everything they have corrupted !!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Guru
Message 6 of 7

Hi eskdale,

I would leave it to the BTCare Team (Mods) to sort things out otherwise calling the customer service/technical desk may just confuse matters, and cause more stress to you.

Once you have submitted the BTCare Team (mods) contact form they usually contact you directly via email or phone within 3 to 6 working days.

The BTCare team (mods) have a very good reputation of helping and solving issues that a BT Retail customer may be experiencing.

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

This mostly seems to have been fixed now.  (Nothing heard from any Mods here)  My Father (he is 89) was so annoyed at his problems again and having just read the article in the MoneyMail about BT being awarded the wooden spoon for the worst company for customer service.  I think they were 5 times worse than their nearest rival - That takes some doing.  BT at the end of the article gave a phone number for anyone affected by the poor service to call.  My father called this and within an hour most of the issues had been resolved !!

Apparently some operator had merged the two accounts - Don't understand how as they are separate lines and billed separately but the very pleasant lady and her assistant then called me and sorted my problems.

My account now looks fine and the BT Smarttalk is working on one of my mobiles - still an issue with the other but I think that is going to work in 24 hrs.

My Fathers BT Smarttalk is not working yet as when they separated the account they created him a new account (even though he had a separate account previously they said they couldn't use that one)  So now his mobile number is still tied to the old account and we can't release it - so have to wait 48 hours for India to release it.  Lets see if they do that with mucking anything else up

But the customer service on the published number was how it should work.  And compensation to both accounts

Jon

0 Ratings