cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

Multiple upgrade options...is this right?

When I log into MyBT there is an ad for Black Friday tv packs deals running until November 27th. When I go to the 'upgrade your tv' then 'manage your bolt on' buttons to access my upgrade options I'm being presented with a multitude of options for Max and Max HD packages at varying prices and contract lengths. Is this correct or is this plethoras of options some sort of mix up on my offers page? Maybe someone else could check theirs or a mod get back with a response? It would be kindly appreciated guys.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Multiple upgrade options...is this right?

Am I the only one seeing this? I don't wish to interfere with my tv package in case the information on my upgrade page is wrong.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

try phoning the options team 0800800030 and see what they say

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

I suppose I could do that yes. It does make having an online process a bit useless if you have to ring up anyway but I see where you are coming from if I'm the only one getting these options.

0 Ratings
ru1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Hi Madron, my account upgrades also show numerous different tv options in fact 69 different available packages from rolling contracts to 12, 18 or 24 month terms.
0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

Thanks @ru1

Certainly some tantalysing options to peruse.

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 9

So today all those myriad of prices are still available to me when I go through MyBT.

I rang the Options number this evening as I am very wary of selecting the £10 Max tv package price only to have it rejected after ordering. I had a lengthy conversation with an amiable CS rep who did everything she could to find out where these prices had come from as all she had on her system against my account was an offer of £16 for 24 months (Max tv package).

She was at a loss as to why I had so many differing prices on screen and suggested putting through the £10 selection as she believed it would have to be honoured (but she understood my apprehension in actually doing so, especially as she was unable to do it for me).

I wonder if anyone else has ever had anything similar happen them on their MyBT page. I'm just not prepared to risk the price being rejected after the order is processed.

0 Ratings
jparnell82
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

I've just found the same thing within MyBT. I have a HUGE list of different TV packages, some of which are very cheap and seem too good to be true.

Has anyone tried ordering from any of them?! Are they valid?

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 9

I had this problem earlier in the year when I had hundreds of options for broadband. They aren't valid and I couldn't complete any order - it is a fault with MyBT. Give it a couple of days and the system should sort itself out for a few days or longer as in my case it kept coming and going for a couple of weeks.

0 Ratings