Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Multiroom Help

Go to solution

Hi All

just switched back to BT last thursday for broadband and tv etc, i was wanting all the channels in two rooms but as i have 2 previous BT youview boxes and was reciving a new UHD box as well i didn't want to pay the 100 for another box to add multiroom i figured i'd just call up afterwards and add the multiroom for the extra fiver a month ........ oh how wrong i was. After approx 7 calls still getting knowhere have had two indian customer service ppl promise it would be live in 24 hours (twice) despite the fact it was clear they had no clue what i was asking for and the brittish reps keep saying they can't order it and not sure whats going on so i thought i would try my luck with the mods here they were always the best ppl to sort problems when i was last with BT and i'm sure thats still the case, so any chance of looking into this for me please MOD's? BT need to recognise they will have returning customers now and give an option to add this bolton without charging a fortune for another box or the 50 quid install fee if you try and add it online. i have a second box and a wired network throughout my house i dont need to pay an engineer to come and do nothing as the box is already set up i just want to pay the fiver a month for multiroom, why is BT making it so hard for me to pay them more money 😄

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Message 2 of 9

Re: Multiroom Help

Go to solution

@chipp What speed do your get at the moment? To get an extra box subscription your connection needs to be over 70Mb if you also have a UHD box. We're not given the option to place an order if your connection is not fast enough. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

I believe the issue here is not the speed which clearly is a consideration as to whether the extra box product can be offered but rather the order process that the customer is experiencing.

I actually have a similar existing set up ... ie Total  Entertainment (UHD box) and will I believe according to BT records have a second Youview box previously supplied by BT.

If I follow the correct  on-line process to add an extra box subscription it would allow me to order the £5/month subscription , it does not add a new box to the order  but does on the next screen add a £49 installation charge that cannot be removed or declined for I quote an " engineer install of your BT TV equipment".

Given that if BT are not actually supplying any new equipment that charhge would seem to be inappropriate.

I attach a couple of screen shots

BT extra Box eamaple 1.PNGBT extra Box eamaple.PNG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
Speed wise I ordered the new infinity 1 at 50odd mbps but the speed tests I've done so far are in the 80's lol dunno if it's just settling down. If I need to upgrade to infinity 2 to get multiroom then so be it. My lines fine for 70 I get about 72-73 on infinity 2 it's just I don't want to pay £50 install fee for the engineer to do nothing 😞
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Hi, You definitely don't need to pay the extra £50 to activate your second box. I upgraded to uhd (G5) and then some months later decided to stick the G4 box in another room. I rang and said I was not prepared to pay £50 for a box I already own. After a short delay it was agreed this was fine.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

It is not an activation charge that is added by the online order system in the example I posted.. It is an installation visit charge. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

luckily you seem to have talked to someone with an actual understand of what you were asking for i have so far not been so fortunate after 7 conversations two promises of activtion and over a week passing i have yet to achive multiroom 😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @chipp,

That's 6 conversations too many. It's best if we took a look into your account and your speeds to see if there is anything we can do. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. It could take us a few days to get back to you up but we will do all we can to help.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @chipp Now that the order is complete is your multiroom all working OK now? Post back and let us know.

Thanks

John

0 Ratings