cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paulma
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Multiroom with 2 ultra hd boxes

Hi - I have been given an extra ultra hd box by a friend who moved to sky so tried to setup multiroom.

I am being told that you can't use 2 ultrahd boxes and instead have to buy a youview+ box to use as the second box.

I don't understand why I can't use 2 bt ultra HD boxes seems strange to me.

Can anyone shed any light on this ?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
DazzaS83
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Multiroom with 2 ultra hd boxes

I have 2 ultra hd boxes on multi room and they both work fine so don't know why they are saying that.
0 Ratings
Paulma
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thanks - I will give them a call again tomorrow

Only been with BT a few days but I am finding the customer services extremely frustrating
0 Ratings
ruth554422
Expert
Message 4 of 6

Why not order extra box online where you have a option not to order a box however if you have sky sports or sky movies you won't be able to order multiple boxes as BT don't allow you to have both together which I suspect is down to the carriage agreement BT has with sky. So if you do have sky sports and/or sky movies you have to remove those in order to order multi room.
0 Ratings
WilfH
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Bear in mind that BT will only allow you to connect boxes which can be supported by your available download speed. I suspect your available download speed could not sustain concurrent use of two UHD channels.

Wilf
0 Ratings
Gemma_P
BT TV Expert
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Paulma

You would need to get Extrabox added to your subscriptions, this will allow you to use 2 set top boxes.  

Please see below article for info.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48891/~/extra-box-with-bt-tv-on-the-go.

If you require any other info please drop me a PM and I will do what I can to help.

0 Ratings