cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

My 2.5 month ordeal with BT - Still no broadband connection

Hi there. First time poster - sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, but I feel like I need to vent my anger and hopefully get some advice from fellow BT customers. I have already put this complaint in writing to BT, and the technical helpdesk are more than aware of my situation but nothing is getting done.

I moved into a flat at the start of October and set up an account with BT for line rental + fibre optic broadband on the 4th October. I was told that an engineer needed to come out to set up the phone line and an appointment was booked for the 25th October. The following is a timeline of what has happened since.

25th October

Engineer comes to set up the phone line. After an hour and a half he tells me he’s unable to complete the phone line installation, and that some more work needs to be done externally. He assures me it will be completed within 48 hours.

48 hours passes and my phone line still isn’t working. I ring up BT and they aren’t aware of any issue. They thought everything was set up. They decide to send out a second engineer.

1st November

Engineer no.2 arrives. He gets the phone line set up but is unable to set up my broadband. I am told that the line was set up from the wrong PCP/Cab and that the fibre connection needs to be cancelled and set up again through cab 60 (rather than cab 16)

I immediately ring up BT to let them know what the engineer told me, and the advisor seems to have no idea what I’m talking about. He says this sounds like a case for BT Wholesale. He is unable to get through to someone from there so assures me that he’ll let them know my situation and they’ll ring me back within 48 hours.

48 hours pass and no callback. I ring BT again. Once again the advisor doesn’t seem to understand what I’m talking about so they decide to send out another engineer again.

8th November

Engineer no.3 arrives. He’s at my property for 5 minutes, leaves to go to the Openreach cab, and then never returns. I have no idea what he did. I had no name or contact number for him either.

I ring BT the following day and they don’t seem to know what the engineer did either. They told me to call back in 48 hours if I still didn’t have internet.

48 hours pass, still no broadband. BT now try and divert the issue. They reckon it might be a faulty hub or faulty wiring in my property. They send me a new hub.

New hub arrives on 15th November. Still no broadband. BT decide to send out a 4th engineer.

22nd November

Engineer no.4 arrives. I explain everything to him. He tells me that it is BT’s job to cancel the fibre broadband connection and reprovide it through cab 60. He confirms that there is no issue with the wiring in my flat and that Openreach have done all they need to do. He is absolutely amazed that BT haven’t done anything about this sooner and he promises to leave extensive notes on BT’s system so they know exactly what to do.

23rd November

I chase up BT to see if there’s any update following that engineer appointment. I get passed around to 3 different advisors before someone finally gets through to the connections department. I am told the connection will be cancelled and re-provided through the correct cab.

28th November

I receive a phone call from BT. I am told that they are unable to set up a fibre connection and that I’ll have to be on copper wire broadband instead. Now at this point, I am incredible angry. How has it taken from the 4th October to the 28th November for BT to realise that they can’t set up a fibre broadband connection in my area. Complete incompetence.

I agree to switch to copper wire broadband, but unfortunately the situation isn’t resolved. I get sent a confirmation e-mail with a new activation day of the 5th December. That day passes, still no broadband. I ring BT on the 6th December and I am promised and guaranteed that it will be ready by 9th December. Well, that day has passed, I still have no broadband and I am completely fed up.

I am still absolutely amazed it took them until the 28th November to realise I could only be on copper wire broadband but even since then I've had 2 false promises as to when I'm going to be connected. Has anyone had a similar problem to this, and how was it resolved?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Message 2 of 2

Re: My 2.5 month ordeal with BT - Still no broadband connection

Hi @robneedham16

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting!

I'm sorry for the length of time it's taking to get your broadband service connected.  From the looks of things you seem to just be going round and round in circles and it sounds like a complete nightmare if I'm perfectly honest! Smiley Frustrated

We will pick this up for you and make sure things run smoother until you have a working broadband service.  We will need your account details to get a better understanding of what is happening.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings