cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 25

My BT Home Hub keeps disconnecting and flashing orange in the middle of the day, everyday.

BT were initially late in setting up my infinite broadband connection after they wrongly told me that there were no problems with my phone line.

After a visit from an OpenReach engineer, the line was fixed and my HomeHub4 finally started to work at 8mb which was great.

Since then, I assume that BT have been doing 'tests' on the line because the internet now runs at a far slower pace (4mb) and decides to disconnect everyday around 1pm-5pm without fail.

I am paying for infinite broadband but it does not feel like it is infinite as I can't even use it in the day time.

When I look at troubleshooters they do not help at all, I can't download the DesktopHelp program because my internet is not stable enough to download it.

I refuse to phone up BT again as it is costing me more and more money when they are already taking enough from me.

Has anyone got any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 25

Re: My BT Home Hub keeps disconnecting and flashing orange in the middle of the day, everyday.

calls to BT are free which hub are you using can you also post the results of this checker editing out your phone number http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.TelephoneNumberOutput
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 25

Re: My BT Home Hub keeps disconnecting and flashing orange in the middle of the day, everyday.

Just did a speed test now and the download speed is 0.2mb...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 25

That's the result of the scan.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 25

Scan0001.jpg

That's the result of the scan.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 25

Looks like you have a poor install and an engineer will have to visit to fix it.

BT don't test the line (unless you call them and they do it in conjunction with you on the call).

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 25

Can you please run the BT speedtest further diagnostic test this test appears after the first test completes and post back the results

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 25

Scan0001.jpg

Speed test results.

Like I said, when the engineer left it was working just fine, 8mb.

Now it reaches 4mb at best and that is early morning and in the evening.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 25

What do you mean by "8mb" and "4mb"? your speed test is showing 0.25 Mbps.

What units does 8mb actually represent?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 25

I've bought an infinite broadband package which is supposed to deliver 4.5 - 8.5mb.

It had problems, so an openreach engineer came to fix it about two weeks ago, as soon as he did, my download speed was 8mb.

Since then, it has dropped a serious amount of times and runs at 4mb.

In its current state in the middle of the day it is running at 0.25mb

0 Ratings