Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timmbo
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

My BT Infinity experience so far

Go to solution

I feel the need to document my experience with BT so far, so here goes...

I have recently bought my first property, and in anticipation of the 'big move', I thought I'd line up all my services to be installed shortly after my move in date.

To that end, I ordered Infinity 1 on 11th May, to be installed and activated by an engineer on the 23rd May (between 8am-1pm)

Roll on 20th May, and I receive a phone call from the engineer asking if I'm at home for them to install my mine. I politely tell them I am not, that I am at work and not yet moved in to the property (moving in on the 21st), and that I specifically arranged for them to come on the 23rd for that very reason. I ask them to confirm that they'll still come on the 23rd, to which they agree.

Roll on the 23rd. It gets to 2pm, no sign of the engineer still. I phone up customer care, who informs me there is a note on their system that I had not yet moved in. I said that this was correct, as of the 20th, but I would be in by the 23rd, and hence why I had booked the engineer for that date. They then inform me that the next available date is the 25th May - I agree to this.

An engineer arrives on the 25th, activates the line, and informs me that in an hour to 24 hours, my services will be up and running.

24 hours later, (26th May) my internet isn't working, but my landline/telephone is. I call up customer care again, who say that the engineer (?) has not informed them that the connection has been completed. The representative tells me that a 'bridge case' must be opened, and that I will be contacted within 5 working days. I ask them to confirm that I will not need to wait at home for an engineer again, to which they agree.

Which brings us to today, 27th May. I receive a text and email that my services are now up and running. I duly turn on the Homehub, only to find the internet is still not working. I call customer care again, who run a line test, and then inform me that they have found a fault, and that an engineer will have to come out again. The next appointment (that I can be at home for), is now next Saturday 4th June.

So. It's looking possible that my internet might not be working until the 4th June, at the earliest. 

...as an aside/some additional information, when logging in to My BT, I see that my original order placed on the 11th May is now listed as "closed" (when you click on it for further information, it stil says "awaiting confirmation". A second order has been opened on the 27th May, but when I click on this to view further detail, it just says:

We are sorry

An internal system error occurred. Please try later.

I must say, as a first time BT customer, this has been a truyl appalling experience. I moved from Sky Broadband, as I had thought their customer service had been poor. However, on reflection, they were miles ahead of this service, with CRM systems and customer communication infinitely speedier, more efficient, and more reliable than what I have experienced to date with BT.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Timmbo
Beginner
Message 2 of 10

Re: My BT Infinity experience so far

Go to solution
I phoned BT again as I have little faith in the appointment being booked for the 4th. Lo and behold, the appointment for a "boost engineer" had not actually gone through properly. The person I spoke to has tried to rebook it, although has been unable to do so successfully. As of now, I am still waiting on them to get back to me when this appointment has been made.

The fun saga continues.
0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Timmbo,

I'm sorry you're having problems getting the engineer booked. You can request a confirmation text or email as proof that we have booked it. If you need any help with it, let me know.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Timmbo
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks @DanielS. I still hadn't heard back, so I called again.

I spoke to someone and they "confirmed" that the appointment has been booked. I asked for a confirmation text message, and after some problems with my number (apparently it was one digit too many, although it wasn't), they "sent" me a text - it still hasn't arrived.

I then asked them whether the appointment has been confirmed with OpenReach, to which they wouldn't give a direct answer, and instead asked if they could call me back tomorrow when they had the chance to "look into it".

Given that the text message confirmation still hasn't come through, I'm not hopeful they will call me back tomorrow.

This experience has been truly shocking so far.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Timmbo

Thanks for posting back to let us know that.  Sorry that this has been so confusing!  I can definitely understand the frustration.

If you're no further forward after tomorrow post back and we will pick this up for you from here.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Timmbo
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
@RobbieMac @DanielS

I was promised a phone call at 12pm. It's now 12.17pm and I've not heard anything.

Can you please sort this out?
0 Ratings
Timmbo
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
...I have also just received my first bill, including charges for broadband. Given I've not had any service, this is just a joke.
0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hey @Timmbo,

You can get in touch with us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. We'll be able to go over your account and help you from there.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Timmbo
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
@DanielS done.
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Timmbo

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me again this evening.

I'm glad that the engineer got you sorted.  Their notes confirm that things weren't jumpered correctly in the cabinet.  That's all sorted now and tests from here show your broadband is performing well.  I'll close this off from here now that you're up and running.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings