cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

My BT Router cannot see my HP Printer, but everyone else's router can?

Go to solution
What do you make of this?

Firstly my printer is only a year old and works brilliantly everywhere else except for at home, it has worked here fine in the past.   The printer cannot see my BT Router but it picks up everyone else's router including the neighbours just fine.

So to prove the issue isn't with the printer I dragged my printer to my Mum's house and set it up on SKY brilliantly and it worked brilliantly.  Very oddly when I searched for her router, low and behold my home router came up (she lives 12 miles away so I assume it was historic readings). 

So my printer works fine and I drag it back to my house.

Cannot see my router.   HELP!!!!!

Do I switch to SKY?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: My BT Router cannot see my HP Printer, but everyone else's router can?

Go to solution

have you tried deleting your printer from your pc then running the install disc again and setting up printer from square one

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Tried everything obvious several times.  It is as if my router has blocked the printer, why can't my printer see the router address but it will see the neighbours?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Try a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. While it is re-starting start up you printer and clear any previous setting to your homehub or any other routers. 

Once you have done that re-scan with the printer and look for your Homehub. It should be something like BTHomehub4-XXX Assuming you can find it, click on it and enter the wireless passkey found on the label of the Homehub. Do not use the admin password.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Which home hub version do you have?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi, I wonder if an issue I have is connected.  I have a HH5 and have the same problem with a laptop (Acer, Windows 8), a mobile phone and a Pure One Flow wifi radio.  All three will not see my network but see other peoples.  I have tried: factory reset; spearate SSID's for each band; switching off all security (scary moments!!).  Other mobiles, laptops etc connect without problem.  Only interesting thing I have found is if I switch off the 5ghz band, nothing sees the 2.4ghz SSID (I'm assuming this should be seen).  If you don't think this is not connected, I'll submit it as a new issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

This is all getting too technical for me.   I am currently downloading the drivers and reinstalling all of the HP software again, which seems absurb considering my printer works perfectly OK on everyone else's router except my BT Hub......

Please, anyone who has experienced a similar problem to the original question I posted and has had success in restoring the IP address of the router onto the wireless setting search on their printer, please get in touch, so fed up with this now.

I've tried all the factory resets.   My HP printer works perfectly OK on everyone else's router EXCEPT THE BT ROUTER I HAVE AT HOME, again, it was worked before and not now.

It is as if the Router has barred my printer, or my printer has decided the BT router at home is viral and will not allow it to be seen!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

This may possibly help, but it involves changing the printers network settings.

Important - help with printers

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
lvrb,  

I don't think you have the same problem and should start a new thread so that you get answers relevant to you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

FIXED.

Thank you everyone.

How did it happen.

BT guys reset and reconfigured router.

Uninstalled and reinstalled all the printer driver software and updates for HP Printer

Switched off the mains

Switched off everything.

Kicked the cat 3 times for good luck.

Said a silent prayer.

It worked.

See - God's intervention was all that was required.

Not!

**bleep** IT

Nightmare and I'm sure it will all happen again within a few months.

0 Ratings