Airtown
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

My Bt Package

I have been experiencing problems pretty much just after it got installed, engineer installed the bt equipment, seemed to work fine, but now I cannot view any of the HD channels, just had an engineer out to check my problem, he has advised it's my Aerial, I am exceptionally annoyed that this is the issue, why would the 2 engineers who installed the equipment not check this, I am not at all happy with the service received so far, please get in touch Bt so I can discuss further

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Airtown
Beginner
Message 2 of 9

Re: My Bt Package

how long does it normally take to hear from someone from BT re my complaint

0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 3 of 9

Hi Airtown, 

This is a customer to customer form where BT customers help each other. Apart from the moderators there are no BT employees here. Your post will not go to BT.

0 Ratings
Airtown
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

how do i get a Moderator to speak to me then ?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

The aerial is your responsibility, so BT would have no involvement with it.

Part of the requirement on the order page, is that you have a strong Freeview signal.

There is a help page here

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/c/348/a_id/49686/?s_intcid=tvhub_L1:popular_L2:49686%20Pro...

and http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49692

1. YouView+ box - Go to Settings > TV Signal & Quality > TV Signal Quality

If the signal quality is less than 50%, this will indicate that you have a weak signal to receive this channel. If you're signal is too high this could also cause the issue. You could try connecting your BT TV box to another aerial port in your home if you have one to see if this makes a difference.

0 Ratings
Airtown
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

I am not impressed, the Bt Engineer on installing my equipment never once mentioned i had a problem, i find this totally unacceptable, when it was being installed if this is the case i would expect this issue to be brought to my attention, but nothing was ever mentioned, i believe i have been miss sold on the whole package and i am currently thinking due to the poor service i am receiving from BT so far and i am a new customer this has been a mistake getting BT in

0 Ratings
Lizziewilliams1
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

I'm also having the same problem except since I had everything installed yesterday the BT TV hasn't worked at all. All I can get is freeview channels! I've just spoke to BT and basically got fobbed off by a chap who had no idea what to do and said someone will ring me tomorrow which I highly doubt! I'm really not impressed at all. 😔
0 Ratings
Airtown
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

I am finding it really difficult to discuss my complaint with anyone from Bt, thought coming on here might help

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 9

I'm assuming you are not currently receiving the Freeview HD channels (ie BBC 1 HD , ITV HD , C4 HD , C5 HD etc)  via your Youview box ? Did you ever receive them on the Youview box ?

If you plug your aerial directly into your TV do you receive them ?

0 Ratings