cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sharynivan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

My Email account wont send

ISmiley Surprised am a silver surfer and am having problems with my BT email account. Suddenly emails started to get over a 100 failure notices via email from By Yahoo, I was told to add them to spam and then delete them which I did. Because of so many each day it has now caused me to loose the option of sending mails. I have reported it but to no avail. Can anyone  advise me how to solve this problem . In normal English please not too technical ha.

Sharyn

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: My Email account wont send

@sharynivan wrote:

ISmiley Surprised am a silver surfer and am having problems with my BT email account. Suddenly emails started to get over a 100 failure notices via email from By Yahoo, I was told to add them to spam and then delete them which I did. Because of so many each day it has now caused me to loose the option of sending mails. I have reported it but to no avail. Can anyone  advise me how to solve this problem . In normal English please not too technical ha.

Sharyn

Hi.

The failure notices (typically probably from mailer daemon) are due to a spammer using your email address as the "From" address in their spam run. This is usually a random act by their software, and after an initial barrage, they trickle to a stop.

However it shouldn't stop you sending emails.

Are you sending emails from a browser login to BTYahoo! (i.e. via webmail) or using something like Outlook, Thunderbird or Windows Mail ?

Can you say what happens when you try to send emails, are they failing to send with an error message ? If so can you post any error message, first having removed any personal details like email address.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: My Email account wont send

I assume these returned messages were not ones you had sent. This happens when a spammer has got hold of your email address and used it to send hundreds or thousands of random messages. Inevitably some of the addresses do not exist, so the messages are returned and end up with you.

This does not mean that your emaill has been compromised, but you may wish to change your password as a precaution. The spammer will typically move on to use another borrowed address, hopefully causing the problem to go away.

Although annoying, this wouldn't normally cause you to lose the Send facility as far as I'm aware.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings