cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

My Emails Bouncing Back To Only BT Internet Users

When I send out group emails and/or individual mails to my freinds and family in UK I receive the following msg:

Delay reason: SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<prose@icon.co.za> SIZE=15353: host mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk [65.20.0.49]: 421 Too many messages (1.5.5.1) from 196.35.198.17

This only happens to BT Internet subscribers, msgs to any other's, such as Yahoo etc all go through. The above message will pop up on a regular basis until I get one stating that they could not deliver and now are deleting msg. 

This has been happening now for about 3 months and is becoming very frustrating, I know I am not the only one having this issue as others from South Africa are having similar problems.

Please guide and advise?

Rgds

Paul

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: My Emails Bouncing Back To Only BT Internet Users

I have added to an existing thread about this problem :

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Not-receiving-emails/td-p/1655523/highlight/true/page/4

I have done my best to escalate this, and it is ongoing.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Mike - Thank you it is amazing that we are not getting any guidence and/or advice from BT.

Rgds

Paul

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

There has been some feedback from  bt.  See my update on the above referenced thread.

I have also been in contact someone high up at mweb.co.za which is one of the affected domains.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

Hi, Re your message about emails bouncing back to BT internet users. Mine are doing the same. Did you ever get this resolved?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Yes, it clearly states what the issue is and what needs to be done to resolve. Just because it delivers to other email providers dosent mean the problem is with btinternet, have to review case by case and there is error given back here.

Are you the owner of the email service or a user who uses a email service?

BT are getting too many messages from that ip address which are way higher than the normal threshold indicating a high amount of spamming activity. 

If you are the owner of the service, you need to do a better job at policing the outbound.

If you are just a user, contact your provider or try sending from a reputed email provider.

It is unlikely BT will make an exception as they are protecting us existing users and should be commended for doing so.

0 Ratings