cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielowen40
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

My Iphone 5s from EE Network

Can anyone tell me if my Iphone 5s from EE Network will work on the BT Mobile network.

I would like to take a SIM contract but can find any definative answers on this!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: My Iphone 5s from EE Network

If the phone is unlocked it will work. If it is locked to EE you will need to get them to supply you with an unlock code. You usually get that free after your contract has expired. If you are still in contract they may charge a small fee for the unlock code.

0 Ratings
danielowen40
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Thanks for your response.

I know BT mobile uses the EE network which is why I hoped to get away without unlocking it!

Is that advice for definite as I have seen advice in the forums both confirming the above and also contradicting it!
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

I have only seen advice that if you are locked to EE then it will not work on BT Mobile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
danielowen40
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Thanks for advice.

Does anyone have any experience of not having to unlock an ee phone?

Especially an iPhone 5s?
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

I was involved in the trial and we were told that if you had an |EE locked phone then you need to get that unlocked before you can use a BT sim  phone helpdesk and I am certain they will confirm

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
danielowen40
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

thanks for the advice.

I currently use TALKMOBILE which piggybacks the Vodafone network. The phone I use is locked to the Vodafone network but it works with no issues on TALKMOBILE mobile.

This was why I made the assumption that EE phones would work with BT Mobile network.

Is there anyone that has actually tried it that can comment?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

I use giffgaff which works ok with an O2 locked phone but bt mobile does not work with a locked EE phone. Phone the helpdesk and get confirmation

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

You should go with the advice that imjolly has given you. The triallists were given all the correct information and will be more reliable than that posted on other forums.

EDIT: The BTMobile help pages even give you a link to EE to have your phone unlocked which I doubt they would do if you did not need to have it unlocked.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49924/?s_intcid=mobilehub_L1:popular_L2:49924 How do I unlock my phone

0 Ratings
voxish
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

If you can't use a phone from EE with a BT sim is very surprising (especially since BT are in the process of taking them over). 

My wife's been using a Virgin sim in her EE phone for the last year.  T-Mobile and Orange sims also work (as do Tesco sims in O2 and Sainsburys sims in Vodafone).

0 Ratings