Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wilbyhilbly
Contributor
Message 21 of 27

Re: My New Infinity Hub 5

Hi CJT80, 

Well, got my phone call precisely at 2.0pm as promised, the same very nice lady asked me if my problem had been sorted.

I told her it was still exactly the same , nothing has changed and we are still on about 1.4 mbps.

She again apologised profusely and asked me to hang on while she contacted the engineering dept, came back and said there is a fault on the external line and they are waiting for an engineer to either repair it or tell them what needs to be done!

She will ring me again on Friday with an update.

So, still got fingers and everything else crossed...............

0 Ratings
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 22 of 27

Hi @wilbyhilbly

Fingers crossed here for you as well! 

Lets hope this gets sorted very quickly for you Smiley Happy

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
wilbyhilbly
Contributor
Message 23 of 27

The saga continues,

Sat by the phone for two hours waiting for call, no call, despite BT sending two texts in the morning reminding me that they were going to ring between 2.0pm and 4.0pm.

4.30pm got a call from complaints dept (level 1) "just checking to see if your problem has been resolved", I explained that I had not received the expected phone call so he said he would check it out (with level 2) and see why not. Ten minutes later he rung back to say the person who was supposed to ring would ring in the next two hours.

45 minutes later I got the call with profuse apologies from level 2. He had been trying to contact Openreach engineer since 3.30pm, he said, and the result is that the engineer had found a fault in a junction box and had put it right, so have I now got the proper signal speed at last. Unfortunately the answer was no, it is still the same speed as it was 1.4mps. So, more apologies, but now the fault has been found he will book a BT engineer to attend on Wednesday 23rd and he will boost the speed to what it should be as promised, minimum 17mbps.

Now, I would dearly love to believe that, but somehow I think I might be in for a disappointment on Wednesday, but hey, you got to have hope, and if we can at least get 5mbps plus I would be over the moon.

Here's hoping,

An anxious Wilbyhilbly...

0 Ratings
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 27

@wilbyhilbly 

Oh no, Smiley Sad  Fingers and toes crossed for your next appointment 

Please do come back and let us know how it all goes... Here's hoping Smiley Indifferent

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
wilbyhilbly
Contributor
Message 25 of 27

Wednesday 23rd December, two engineers today, came in had discussion, did some more tests, said doubtful that we could get anywhere near the supposed minimum of 17mbps but they could see a fault still on the line and would go check it out.

There was indeed another underground fault in the last section of buried cable so they had to call another crew to dig down, eventually that evening they came back, tested, and the result is that we (according to them) have now got the best signal we can get which is 3.9mbps, so it has improved slightly but nowhere near what we were promised and are now being charged for (minimum 17mbps).

I am supposed to get a call today from my "level one" man to confirm that all has been concluded satisfactorily, so I'll have to wait and see what he says, but I don't think there is anything more that can be done, so, once again thank you BT for another bitter disappointment which I could have done without, plus more expense which I find difficult to find out of my old age pension.

Wonder what hassle I am now going to get being passed round various departments trying to get a refund and getting the new "contract" rescinded.

Totally depressed Wilbyhilbly....

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 27

moderator help requested for his poster
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 27 of 27

Hi Wilbyhilbly,

I would like to take a look at what is happening with your connection. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings