cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NeilO
Message 21 of 37

Re: My Tale of OpenReach / BT woe

Go to solution

@SimonN I can see the FTTP orders team were working on this yesterday and I'm really sorry they didn't call with an update, I've added notes to the case asking them to get in touch with you to let you know what's happening.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
SimonN
Contributor
Message 22 of 37

Go to solution

Just to add to the thread - I ran the test this morning.

220/20 - uber ping.

No.

My loss 35.8db - My Neighbour - 36.something db loss. He's further from the splitter than I am.

I'm not a BT/Openreach engineer but I think even I can learn something from those two numbers.

Clearly I'm lucky in that my connection is the right side of the knife edge required. He's not. I'm obviously a gnat's **** away from losing connection altogether .....

...and yet EVERY DAY I see openreach vans in the are installing FTTP to new victims customers.

BT.jpg

0 Ratings
SimonN
Contributor
Message 23 of 37

Go to solution

I've checked the ombudsman site - it looks like I can't do anything until 8 weeks has passed. I'm taking that to be from the time of order.

That would be Apr 25th.

So I'm stuck now for another couple of weeks.

Obviously it's also Friday so that'll be another delay regardless.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 37

Go to solution
The 8 weeks is from the time a complaint was raised. You should automatically get a letter from BT 56 days after the complaint was raised if it's not resolved.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
SimonN
Contributor
Message 25 of 37

Go to solution

@Webby Thing is - if OpenReach/BT report it as 'fixed' when they haven't done anything (twice) how will that 56 day timer trigger?

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 37

Go to solution
It's from when a complaint was opened with your ISP. Nothing to do with Openreach/Wholesale etc, when a fault was fixed etc. There needs to be an open complaint I believe for it to be automatic. If there's been faults opened and closed, then you will probably need to request the letter on the 56th day after the inital fault was opened.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
SimonN
Contributor
Message 27 of 37

Go to solution

I'm so frustrated and feeling over a barrel.

If I don't follow what they say, I appear in the wrong.

I now have a 4th appointment being made for the 15th. This is for openreach to sign off the install as they've been told the fault is fixed.

I KNOW it hasn't. I need to use another day's annual leave, to sit at home, all day, waiting for an openreach engineer to come and plug a light meter on my cable. This light meter will read 35.8db loss. He will be really helpful, sympathetic and miffed at his administration team for sending him out when the fix hasn't been made. He will report the fault.

This will be the fourth time an openreach engineer will have reported the fault.

This will be the third visit BT/OR will have tried to close the order only for their engineers to refuse to do so.

The clock will restart.

4 days annual leave. Just think about that - I will still need at least another one - so that would be a week away I've lost.

And still no sign of a fix in sight.

0 Ratings
interbear
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 37

Go to solution

Interesting. I see from another thread that you are in Chepstow.  Me too. I'm also in the tortuous process of being a BT customer having patiently waiting for fibre broadband and then jumped on BT FTTP as soon as it became available.

Phase 2 (internal install) of my BT Infinity broadband is due to take place tomorrow. Just getting to this point has been painful in the extreme.

- Online orders cancelled in April, had to redo the order over the phone. This happened 3 times. No "reward card" for me as that was only available on online orders.

- Phone line service was switched from Sky to BT on 7th June. But without the international call package and CLI that I ordered. I apparently can not now add these until the full Infinity order is completed. Same goes for Line Rental saver that I'd also ordered originally.

- Infinity install was due to be completed 10th June. I sat at home and waited. And waited. No engineer arrived. Issue was no communication between contractors (some road digging was done), Openreach and BT. So it didn't happen, no-one told me until I called them on the day.

- Infinity install subsequently rescheduled to 21st June. The external box was installed last week (progress).But the net result is I've had no broadband at all since 7th June when Sky switched it off, due to BT not completing the Infinity install as scheduled.

I am now on tenterhooks (1) wondering if anyone will turn up tomorrow and (2) if they do will it work or will I have similar problems to you.

To be honest the whole process of ordering BT Infinity has been absolute torture. Online order tracking not accurate. When trying to call BT wasting time in call queues and being routed to people who can't help so get transferred to another queue. Only when I eventually get routed to the FTTP team (in Scotland I presume) do I get to talk to anyone who can actually help - and I have found them to be very helpful. But I have found the rest of the BT customer service to be very poor thus far. My experience as a new BT customer has been very negative.

Apologies for jumping on your thread but I read it and from hoping that the eventual install would be worth the pain, time and frustration thus far, I now fear that after reading your post install experience it may get worse.  I'd also add that my neighbour, also moving from Sky to BT Infinity, is suffering in a very similar manner to me pre-install.

0 Ratings
SimonN
Contributor
Message 29 of 37

Go to solution

No problem with you jumping in @interbear. Feel Free. I assume Cabinet #34 is familiar?

I still have no progress other than, while pending my 4th fttp installation engineer, BT did phone me to say they would be cancelling his/her visit. Despite OpenReach insisting they'd fixed the problem on two previous occasions, they had discovered there was a fault on the main cable (suspected damage) and that they wouldn't be coming after all. I'm expecting an update in the next day or two on a schedule for the actual fix.

I'd say that's potentially progress and I suspect it's down to the Mods on here rather than anything else.

0 Ratings
interbear
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 37

Go to solution

Yes indeed, cabinet 34 is familiar, the Superfast Cymru people told me that.

Fingers crossed but my FTTP install was completed today and so far, so good. The Openreach engineer was excellent to be fair. Tidy install and all is working (currently).

Oh...there was a glitch of course. BT didn't actually send me a Home Hub 5 in advance, despite today being a fortnight later than originally scheduled. Thankfully my neighbour donated me his which was still in the box as his FTTP install is now delayed a further few weeks. There appears to be a circle of misery associated with moving to BT, it's made far harder than it really should be. 

I hope your issue gets sorted, sounds like the mods on here are helping which is good. 

0 Ratings