I'll let you know.
0 Ratings
SimonN
Contributor
Message 32 of 37

Re: My Tale of OpenReach / BT woe

Go to solution

So, FAO the mods really.

Nothing has changed. The scheduled fix didn't happen.

My neighbour still has nothing. My connection is now dropping regularly.

I wonder what this week's OpenReach excuse will be?

"Glastonbury?"

"The Rain?"

"The dog ate my cable?"

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 33 of 37

Go to solution

Hi @SimonN sorry that the fix didn't happen. I can see that @PaddyB is dealing with your case and he will be in touch when he is back in the office later today.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
SimonN
Contributor
Message 34 of 37

Go to solution

Thanks @JohnC2

I would like to re-iterate you Guys have been great. @PaddyB has kept me informed but the fact remains that OpenReach say one thing (both to you and, through you, to me) and then either ignore what they've said or simply lie.

You're just as played with as I am.

It's maddening. My daughter is currently sick and my Wife is trying to work from home and has lost connection to the internet, and hence to VPN, throughout the morning.

0 Ratings
SimonN
Contributor
Message 35 of 37

Go to solution

So - I got a call from BT (not you guys - just the BT team who were due to book me yet another install)

It now appears there's 'another' fault which they will update me on July 15th.

Apparantly this one requires groundwork. Thing is - I don't believe it. Why? Becuase some of my neighbours  - obviously connected to a different 32 line bunde of the 4x32 bundles coming to the 128 splitter have a perfectly clean, in spec, 15db loss.

So how, therefore, can the issue require 'groundwork' when the some of the main line, laid with all the others, is fine?

Laughably OpenReach were there yesterday merrily connecting people up to this 'damaged line that requires groundwork to fix' and, on speaking to the guys on the street they said 'I don't think it's going to work as we've been told there's a fault further up!'

24th of May the official 'complaint' was lodged. 26 days to go until the ombudsman gets involved.

(un)Fortunately I'll be on vacation on 15th so if it's not solved by then I'll be unable to close the complaint and will be within my rights to get them to review the situation on my behalf.

0 Ratings
SimonN
Contributor
Message 36 of 37

Go to solution

Would appreciate a call if possible. I haven't heard from the Mods in a while.

(Any internal pressure could help I guess?)

0 Ratings
SimonN
Contributor
Message 37 of 37

Go to solution

So - A Note to thank The Mods for their help.

It's taken almost 4 months but I'm convinced the fix to my (and neighbour's ) damaged fibre wouldn't have happened without their intervention.

Every one of the OpenReach team that have come to my door has been great and supportive.

Every person from BT I've spoken to has been excellent - especially the team monitoring this forum.

The big, faceless, monster that exists between those two groups of people is mind-numbingly incompetent and I really feel bad for the bits of the BT/OR organization that have to grin and face the public. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks again All who helped.

Simon.

0 Ratings