cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vaclav
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

My account was closed !!!

BT closed my account without my permission. 

I just got a letter on Thursday 17.08 that I have to call to BT by 2pm 18.08. If I am moving from the adress. And if I will not respond BT will close my account. Because somebody else in the property (share house) made a request to another provider and use the land line which was already used by me in my BT package.

I had only half day to respond because I got letter day before deadline. Anyway I made a call to BT and I told that person :"I am not moving and do not close my account without my permission and don't do it in feature".  I said her this three times.

On monday i got an email that my account is closed and I have to pay £475.95 for stopping my BT services. This is really silly.

I made a call to BT today to make sure they are not joking but now listen : I was told that it's not BT fault. They closed my accout without my permission but it was not BT fault ???

Then I got two options : Pay £475.95 or be still BT customer and wait  !!!!3 weeks!!!! for the new landline.

This is devastating.

So I think the best what I can do is contact ofcom right ?  As this is completely illegal.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: My account was closed !!!

In whose name is the phone line and your broadband package?

If the line and  broadband are both in your name it would appear that it is BT's fault.

If the phone line account is in the name of the person who requested the move to another provider then it is not BT's fault.

0 Ratings
Vaclav
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

It's on a my name of course. I am ccount holder of BT service.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

The person who is trying to take over your line is the person who is in the wrong. They should have requested a new line.

The company that they contacted would have got in touch with BT and BT have obviously wrongly assumed that the account holder has requested the change.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take over48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 5 of 5

@Vaclav  Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to look into this for you. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings