cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joe973
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

My bt desktop help won't work after downloading it, keeps wanting my phone number.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: My bt desktop help won't work after downloading it, keeps wanting my phone number.

Joe

You don't need the bt desktop help - if fact it is known to cause problems. You can get to your HUB to change settings by typing 192.168.1.254 into your web browser. This will take you to the Hubs home page.
Ocean
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Re: My bt desktop help won't work after downloading it, keeps wanting my phone number.

Some folk like it, some folk don`t, I find it very good.

. . . it must be remembered that the sea is a great breeder of friendship. Two men who have known each other for twenty years find that twenty days at sea bring them nearer than ever they were before, or else estrange them.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Ocean i agree some like it some don't. but is a well known fact it does cause more trouble than it is worth in most cases
Eamdad
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

The help desk is a big no no.

If not now, i can garentee you will have problems later on.

Anyhelp you need with your broadband, just feel free to ask members here, no need to use some naff software.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 6 of 7

Hi joe973,

Could just be a corrupted download, give it another go and just make sure you are downloading from a machine with desktop help admin access rights and let me know how you get on.

ta

Craig 

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
joe973
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

THANK YOU CRAIG I WILL TRY IT.
0 Ratings