cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KillianDenny
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

My @btinternet.com email address has vanished from the system.

Hi. 

My email address XXXXXXXXXXX@btinternet.com has stopped working. It won't let me log in. I'm getting "Invalid ID or password.
Please try again using your full Email."

I contacted the support in India, and they couldn't find the email address on the system. 

I used to work for Client Logic, supporting BT stuff - I used to support BT Yahoo/Openworld/BTInternet. I've had that email address for years, and it's very important to me. 

Can you help me?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: My @btinternet.com email address has vanished from the system.

This is a public forum for your own safety please remove your Email address
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

as this is a public forum please delete your email address otherwise when you do login you will have spam than you know what to do with.  if you check the forum there are numerous post exactly the same as yours which may help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
KillianDenny
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

imjolly. I need someone with access to the email system to check if it still exists. If it's frozen, I need to get it unfrozen. If it's been deleted, then I'm very unhappy, I did not recieve any notifications or warnings that might happen. 

If it's been deleted, I need to have the address recreated. I used to work for the BTyahoo support. I no longer do, otherwise I could fix this myself. 

I believe - as long as things haven't changed - the email servers are hosted by Yahoo in Canada. The process I used to go through for customers with deleted accounts - which was painful - was to contact Yahoo (not through their public numbers but through number only available to agents working on the BT account) 

When I contacted India they couldn't find any trace of it. But I think maybe they could just see email accounts attached to broadband accounts. 

Does the CL on your badge stand for Client Logic?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

you can try the live chat and see if they can tell you if email still exists 

live chat http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/c/2902/?s_intcid=con_intban_sanda_contact_us_chat_from_forums

if that does not help you then need to contact the mods who are only BT employees on the forum 

contact mods

can take up to 3 working days for mods to contact you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
KillianDenny
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

Thanks Imjolly, I'll give those a try. 

From my experience of doing this for customers, years ago when I worked for BTinternet, it's either as easy as ticking a box in the right billing system or going through a painful rigamarole with Yahoo, that can go on for six months before you get the account back.

Thanks again.  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

the one thing I never checked was that you are still and always have been a bt broadband customer.  if not then the email address when you leave terminates after 90 days sometimes longer but that could explain it's disappearance

0 Ratings
KillianDenny
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

It was never a broadband account. The email address is over 8 years old. 

What happens, or used to happen, when you left BT, and stopped paying for whatever deal you were on, the email account would lock up after a few months - but it wouldn't be removed. If someone was on something like BTanytime, one of the old dial up services, they may have ordered a new broadband account instead of ordering an upgrade. So the Btinternet/btopenworld email addresses they actually use would lock up. Since I wasn't able to transfer the old email address to the new account, I used to just unlock them. It's so long ago since I was doing this I'm wracking my brain trying to remember the name of the billing system I was using to do this. Usually it was simple as unticking a box. Occasionally something would happen where an email account was deleted, then I would have to contact Yahoo - they might need to get their server people to rescue it - or I think remove a lock allowing someone to recreate it.

Even if someone is not with the broadband service they can have the account seperately as a premium mail account. Some people would have these email addresses for more than 10 years, and they would never have had broadband services from BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

if it is over 8 yrs old, never been used for a while and you didn't subscibe to premium mail then I would be really surprised if it has not been deleted

if you are not a BT residential customer then I would think it unlikely anyone will help find an old email address even if it still did exist which I doubt

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

I would agree with imjolly's comments and would be very surprised if it has not been deleted
0 Ratings