cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

My cabinet has fiber yet I am too far away to get it appartently... what are my options?

Hi Guys,

I was wondering whether I have any options as appartenly I'm too far away to recieve fiber?

Currently my area get <1Mb down so I'd be happy if fiber got us up to something like 8Mb however I'm told they can not check this. I know the further from the cabinet you are the worse the speed will be however the pub I can see across the fields (roughly 1 mile away) receives fiber and has around 15Mb down. Will that mile really make it worthless?

Details:

Exchange HELSTON is served by Cabinet 21

Any help would be MUCH appreciated. 

ALSO - is there an option to change what cabinet we're on?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: My cabinet has fiber yet I am too far away to get it appartently... what are my options?

Which postcode?
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

Re: My cabinet has fiber yet I am too far away to get it appartently... what are my options?

See graph for how speeds drop off. Infinity is VDSL2. You can not change cabinets.

Speed Graph.gif

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 14

Thanks for the reply... even if it is a little depressing! It's exactly what I needed to see though so I really do appreciate it. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 14

Some areas served by Helston can get FTTP - 330 down and 30 up 🙂

FTTPoD (FOD) is also available.

--
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

TR13 0EZ... according to the graph below though I think I've got no chance! 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

I KNOW!! I'm about 3 miles out of town though. Painful.

How could FTTPoD help though? Isn't it stupidly expensive? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 8 of 14

Ah, FTTPoD is available to you. It would help because you could get 330Mbps down and 30Mbps up lol.

And yes, it is stupidly expensive but you wouldn't have to go out, so you could sell your car for example.

I suggest you contact Pishnet and see if they can give you some idea of the cost.

--
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 9 of 14

Oh, hang on. You don't live at no.4 do you? 😞
--
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

Thanks - I guess I can ask the questions and maybe the block of 4 houses could share the price together.

Appreciate the help... since I currently use my HSDPA signal 330Mb down would make me rather happy!

0 Ratings