cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aj90lfc
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

My experience with BT.

It's fantastic, apart from ONE thing. Xbox Live and it's services, for the last 8 months i've had constant errors with Xbox Live Services such as not being able to acquire a stable connection to Rockstar services for GTA 5 on the Xbox One. Constantly losing connection to EA services mid matches, Not even able to talk in a part chat for longer than 1 hour without being disconnected with the following line "Party chat disconnected" I've always had an open NAT because i checked it everytime. My speed doesn't drop, i just keep getting Disconnected from the services while everybody else i know is perfectly fine, an they're on Talk talk, and one's on Virgin Media, i'm the only one with this issue and it seems apparant that it's down to you, BT since i never had this problem when i used Virgin Media in the past and i never had the same problem when i was with O2. I've even bought my own router in an attempt to solve it. The only way that seems to stop it from happening (As frequent) is putting my console on a DMZ. But the disconnects are stil happening, i'm not lagging or having dropped packets or anything of the sorts, i just keep losing connection to these specific services, and frankly i'm beginning to have enough of it.

It's almost like my IP is just kicking me off the services for a protective measure, like a lockout. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
aj90lfc
Beginner
Message 2 of 8

Re: My experience with BT.

And now i'm having an ip clash with another friend and can't play with them, what a wonderful, reliable service.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

I would imagine your problems are due to IP sharing, you need to opt out.

http://btsupport.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44044/c/6433

That should also fix your NAT issues.

0 Ratings
aj90lfc
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

That can't be it because itsays it's only BT total broadband option 1, i'm on Infinity 2.

0 Ratings
aj90lfc
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Though however when i clicked on that link it did state that i might be sharing my ip, so i've now opted out, i'll post back and see if it makes a difference.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

@aj90lfc wrote:

Though however when i clicked on that link it did state that i might be sharing my ip, so i've now opted out, i'll post back and see if it makes a difference.

You will need to restart the home hub once you have opted out, so that a fresh IP address can be obtained.

0 Ratings
aj90lfc
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

I've restarted my modem, i don't use the homehub anymore. I use a Linksys N750, i did try using the built in modem with it but couldn't get it to work for **bleep** so i still use the BT modem, but i restarted both Router and BT modem. Well, OpenReach modem.

0 Ratings
aj90lfc
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Nope, still persisting. I load Destiny up, and within 10 minutes disconnects and shuts me out of all services, **bleep**ing great.

0 Ratings