cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrewralston
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

My fixed line number not transferred

Hi, I've joined BT as a new customer with an activation day of yesterday (Monday). Despite assurances on a numbe rof occassions as the activation day approached that my old number would be transferred on activation day, nothin has happenend - I've been given a new number which is working fine, but my old line stopped working last Thursday n- I@ve been in contact with BT's call centre yesterday and was promised a call back this morning - needless to say, no callback materialised, and so I called again only to be told it would now happen within the enxt 24-48 hours - I@m trying to run a business from my home and am really worried. Never in the 8 years ith TalkTalk have I ever had a n issue with them , and I really wish I hadn't decided to move to BT - my Broadband is also not working - the Home Hub flashing RED - is this the norm or can someone from BT please try and help

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: My fixed line number not transferred

Are you a business or residential customer

Welcome to the BT Residential forum

if you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/
0 Ratings
andrewralston
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi, thx for your reply - I'm a residential customer

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

using a residential line for business use is breaching BT's terms and conditions

It sounds like your move from your old provider to BT has been delayed this does sometimes does happen when moving from LLU providers like talk talk when lines do not get released on time
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

From BTs Terms and conditions.

"

The services we provide

1. We provide you with your chosen services, including Telephony, Broadband, Broadband Anywhere, Broadband Talk, BT TV, BT Sport, Mobile, Broadband Talk, and any other consumer services and any equipment we provide.
  2. You have a separate agreement for each service that we provide to you, which is made up of these Residential Standard Terms, the relevant service terms ( telephony, broadband, Broadband Anywhere, broadband talk, pre-pay mobile broadband, BT TV, BT Sport, Supporters Club, mobile, value added services) the Tariff Guide and any applicable Special Offer Terms. If you take a package of two or more individual services under a single contract the Package Services Terms (previously the Multi Play Service Agreement) will also apply to the services contained in that package.
  3. The services and equipment we provide to you under these terms must not be used for business purposes.

Its looks to me that you are on the wrong package.

BT Business lines get a higher priority repair, and have compensation arrangements.

0 Ratings