cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MC73
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

My landline account has been closed suddenly!

Go to solution
We’ve been using the same number for 15 years. Our services have been provided for the past 5-6 years by EE - all good. Came home last night and our phone and broadband wasn’t working. When I contacted BT they said my number was a closed account! I have no idea how this could happen. It was out of hours so I’ll have to call again today. Any advice would be useful! Everything is paid religiously by DD so no issues there. No comms from BT to warn of any changes!
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: My landline account has been closed suddenly!

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

This is a BT Retail  customer forum and has nothing to do with EE.

You need to contact EE, who are your Service Provider, as only they can sort it out.

0 Ratings
MC73
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
The BT online chat contact last night said it was closed by them and I was to call the BT customer services this morning.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@MC73 wrote:
The BT online chat contact last night said it was closed by them and I was to call the BT customer services this morning.

As its EE that provide your services, then BT Retail would not have anything to do with it. They may see an old closed BT account, if you used to be with BT Retail in the past.

You need to contact EE customer service, not BT Retail.

http://ee.co.uk/help/contact-us

0800 956 6000

0 Ratings
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Are EE providing both your BB & landline or do you have a legacy EE BB-Only hosted on a BT landline?

Guru
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
As already stated , if EE are your provider for line rental and broadband then it's EE you need to contact...if you called BT it's possible that they looked at your old BT account and stated it is 'closed' and obviously that has been closed for many years ..I cannot quite understand why if you are a EE customer you would contact BT in the first place, when you are not a customer of BT, perhaps the BT Rep you spoke to could have pointed out more clearly that if you are not a current BT customer, then don't call BT, call the company to which you pay line rental and or broadband rental money too.
wb7
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Apologies if this seems obvious to some, but I imagine the fact that it was announced that BT has taken over EE, might cause confusion for some.

There are still separate legacy systems, though - so I guess that if there's any doubt whether you're an EE or BT customer, the best thing to do is to look for a recent bill. If you can't find a recent bill, then look for a direct debit transaction record on your bank statement. Either of those should identify your service provider, and should also tell you your account number.

And when contacting your service provider about your account, it's probably better to try to use your account number to identify your account, rather than your phone number. If you try to use your phone number, and the number has ever been ported from one provider to another, then it might give you a false positive as a "closed account" on the wrong provider's billing system.

0 Ratings