cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marie09
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

My latency keeps spiking at random times.

Hello guys I am new here posting on the forums but I have been reading through a lot of post for solutions to fix my ping from spiking every other second, when my ping spikes it goes super high for a few seconds then goes back down to normal? 

I have been doing speed test at different times to see what was going on when it spikes to see that the download speed would go up and down quite a bit. Sometimes my download speed is about 10mb slower than usual when it decides to spikes and other times it just goes up and down.. Like I have already said I have been looking around at different solutions to fix this as well as submitting a report to bt and they just closed it as resolved, the only other thing that I have not tried is to get a moderator here to change my connection to interleaved which is why I am posting here now, if anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: My latency keeps spiking at random times.

Are you using wired or wireless connection?

unlike adsl the mods cannot change latency on your fibre connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Marie09
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: My latency keeps spiking at random times.

I am using a wired connection.

0 Ratings