cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scooby
Beginner
Message 11 of 23

Re: Why no Call Details on the latest on line bill?

I wasn't a great fan of the old pdf download system, but at least you could download and retain all bills (summary & itemised). My land line usage was not significant, but i did need to keep tabs on my multiple users mobile bills. Analysing the itemised stuff was not easy, but I managed to scrape the itemisation from the pdf into a spreadsheet to allow me to total / count / sort etc eventually.

With the new system, the data is so unreliably incomplete that it's unusable.  My mid Feb bill has no itemisation, March only covered March data, but nothing from February. April has the late March stuff, but nothing from April calls & messages whatsoever - May bill is due in a week or so, but I can't even guess what surprises I'm in for this time Smiley Surprised

The data that i have got is very unhelpful - call home free ones have always been shown split into 2:00 minutes (free) then another data line with the continued amount. The old paper bills used to show the entire call duration here, whilst the on line showed the total minus the free 2 mins. The new on line version doesn't show anything other than the free element - how helpful is it to be told nothing about the chargeable element of such calls!

using the on line complaints process is an abject failure - every time i am assured that my problem has been escalated and getting higher priority - if the fault is a programming error (don't dare mention the old fashioned concept of testing prior to release!), then my fault cannot be escalated above someone else's - we're all waiting together for the same fix. An honest reply saying that there are numerous problems with the software that may take several weeks to fix would be far better, but the poor agents wouldn't be allowed to say so would they? Even better would be the contact details for the (un)professional who signed off the software release Smiley Mad

When i use any on line banking / credit card sites, all offer a nice simple download of data (billed and pending) in a variety of data formats including good 'ole .csv files - beyond BT, but why?

Trying to monitor use / overuse of my current activity is tough - the "recent" section is now over a week out of date and has no download feature whatsoever.

Being unable to monitor whether all my mobiles (or their manic little users!) are keeping within their allowances means that I've had to clamp down on use as a precaution - can't measure so play safe. None of my complaints even suggested some compensation (say bumping up my call allowance a little bit?) for all the hassle and the need to inconvenience the users with my precautionary cut backs - it just seems to be taken as par for the course to deliver this "service" nowadays.

Apologies this is a bit of a long rant - odd points appeared in other postings, but none seemed to collate all I've found.

Pasha_Selim
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 23

Re: Why no Call Details on the latest online bill?

I just spoke to BT Customer Care - yes ok I need my head examined for calling 0800 800 150 and wasting nearly 30 mins pressing buttons and being put on hold Smiley Wink

They told me unequivocally that there was a software problem with this month's bill and that from next month bills would revert to normal i.e. with itemised Call Details included again.

Thanks to reg and David for getting involved along the way.

PS post crossed with scooby's. So thanks too to scooby for input.

-- -.-- / ... .. --.
Value Added Guest (Inspiring Not Aspiring)
Rate a post if you like it! - just click the star under the user's name on the left. (N.B. ratings facility no longer available in Forum Help and Suggestions; nor is it available in the Lounge)

0 Ratings
reg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 23

@Pasha_Selim wrote:

Thanks for that information reg. Did BT warn you it was going to happen? Did they give you a choice?

I wonder if there is a clear BT policy on this. It seems illogical and inconsistent to me and I can't find anything on the web pages. Is there a box to tick to say "include itemised call details"?

Not that I remember so I don't know if a choice was given or not.

0 Ratings
reg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 23

@DavidM wrote:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for posting. The itemised calls for your current bill should be displayed within the ‘What you used’ section of the current bill. You should have a button to view the calls, and there is also a link on the left hand navigation. If you're still having problems drop me an email to forum.moderation.team@bt.com with your account details and a link to this thread for reference and I'll look into it.

Cheers

David

OK I see the button which does fully itemise calls for the period. This much detail is not on the actual bill on the pdf file like it used to be only the number of calls, the total duration and total cost to each number called (not free calls).

0 Ratings
reg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 23

Re: My may bill has not come through?

Got this reply from BT today by email (here is the relevant part missing name, number etc:

I have received your e-mail dated 10/05/10 about your online billing.

I have tried to contact you today on your landline number *********** at 09.54 hours to discuss your query but unfortunately I couldn’t speak to you.

I understand that you have not received the e-mail about latest paperless bill available to view on online billing. However, I will explain you.

I have checked your account details and found that at the moment BT is facing an online technical difficulty where some of the customers are not able to view or manage their online accounts. Our technicians are working on the online error and should be able to correct it soon. Hence, I would be forwarded the request to the offline team for online request for you. I can confirm you that from your next bill dated 25/07/2010 , you will receive an update on online billing as soon as your bills will be updated on to view on online billing.

0 Ratings
Pasha_Selim
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 23

@reg wrote:

Got this reply from BT today by email (here is the relevant part missing name, number etc:

I have tried to contact you today on your landline number *********** at 09.54 hours to discuss your query but unfortunately I couldn’t speak to you.

I understand that you have not received the e-mail about latest paperless bill available to view on online billing. However, I will explain you.

I have checked your account details and found that at the moment BT is facing an online technical difficulty where some of the customers are not able to view or manage their online accounts. Our technicians are working on the online error and should be able to correct it soon. Hence, I would be forwarded the request to the offline team for online request for you. I can confirm you that from your next bill dated 25/07/2010 , you will receive an update on online billing as soon as your bills will be updated on to view on online billing.

Well, you could forward that to Ian Livingston and ask him to translate it I suppose, but my guess is he would find it as hard as I do.

I am incredulous that a major 21st century telecommunications company has allowed itself to sink to such embarrassingly disgraceful depths.

-- -.-- / ... .. --.
Rate a post if you like it! - just click the star under the user's name on the left. (N.B. ratings facility no longer available in Forum Help and Suggestions; nor is it available in the Lounge)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
reg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 23

@Pasha_Selim wrote:

@reg wrote:

Well, you could forward that to Ian Livingston and ask him to translate it I suppose, but my guess is he would find it as hard as I do.

I am incredulous that a major 21st century telecommunications company has allowed itself to sink to such embarrassingly disgraceful depths.

Yeh, obviously a reply from another part of the world, ahem. I could have included the name of the writer of that email but I thought not right on a public forum. Anyway even reading between the lines of the pidgin English, how can they confirm (implying a sure fact) that I will receive an 'update'.

Oh well.

0 Ratings
Dragonian
Message 18 of 23

well just seen the new bill layout in the pdf and what can one say lots of blank pages NO itemised calls at all, which we need to find out who called who and times and dates and cost if any, not good enough when before i had itemised billing now have none. oh as for the web site one clicking on the calls and what no,t yes they there itemised, but thats tills i read on the web site. quote: We've improved the design of your BT bill, and we're changing your online bill to match it. This will be available soon. now come on that to me reads you are removing the online viewing of itemised calls as well just like the pdf d/l one not in our interests is it in my view on it. not happy about the change and the other change to come, all for what?
0 Ratings
Pasha_Selim
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 23

Hi Dragonian

If you look back a bit on this thread you'll see that BT told me that there has been a fault in the software that produces our Bills. They told me that my next bill will be back to normal i.e. itemised Call Details included.

-- -.-- / ... .. --.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 23

Pash

I only have paper free billing. When I log into my account and look at the phone part of it I am able to view some of my recent usage (in my case page 1 of 4). HOWEVER, Trying to view pages 2,3 and 4 OR clicking the next button does nothing. I have noticed though that any combination is trying to run

javascript:fnOmniture ('pagelink');setCurrentValue(2) for page 2

javascript:fnOmniture ('pagelink');setCurrentValue(3) for page 3

javascript:fnOmniture ('pagelink');setCurrentValue(4) for page 4

javascript:fnOmniture ('pagelink');formSubmit('next') for the next button

I admit to running a cookie blocker BUT this NEVER stops me from surfing the www, online banking or indeed posting on here. I presume that I'll have to revert to paper billing because I'll never get to view additional phone usage pages as there's no way I'm uninstalling anything that should make my browsing safer than what it possibly would be without. Also what would happen to my recent usage via online billing if I allowed cookies but opted out of Omniture?

edit. Trying to download my bill gives me

I now give up!

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings