cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

My upload speed is increasing yet my download speed is reducing

I keep a fairly regular eye on my routers reported up/down speeds. I had an issue 2-3 months ago where some sites just wouldn't connect and, despite phone calls to customer support, the issue was unresolved yet magically fixed itself a few days later when my router restarted halfway through the day and suddenly everything was fine again. Except that my routers reported download speed went from around 33meg (which it has held steady at from day 1) to 27meg and it has been that way ever since.

A little annoying but the router has been very stable since then and has not restarted or interrupted my service to any significant degree. It feels a little like perhaps I've been stuck in a banded profile.

A few days ago I realised there'd been a new router firmware released yet my router hadn't taken it. I know you can pretty much force it by resetting the router and that's exactly what happened. But now the router has rebooted itself a few times since then and whilst my downstream is still clinging on to 27meg my upstream has gone from an average 7meg to 10meg now.

Last night the router would not autoconnect despite multiple reboots - I had to manually go into advanced settings to press the "Connect" option. That's a bit unusual. The router firmware version is: SG4B1000B316

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: My upload speed is increasing yet my download speed is reducing

I forgot to mention one thing ; during one of last nights reboots the router seemed to think that I was a new customer awaiting activation and gave me a warning that my speeds may go up and down while it settled etc. Is that normal? I'm wondering if my line is now going through the DLM process?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

can you post the stats from your router please

can you enter your phone numberand post results remember to delete number  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

there is new firmware ending b506

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Technical log
Information
Event log
Back 
This is a list of your BT Smart Hub settings and current statistics. 
Product name: 
BT Hub 6A
Serial number: 
+084319+NQ64359957
Firmware version: 
SG4B1000B316
Firmware updated: 
16-Nov-2017
Board version: 
Gui version: 
DSL uptime: 
0 Days, 5 Hours 54 Minutes 11 Seconds
Data rate: 
10.58 Mbps / 27.40 Mbps
Maximum data rate: 
10577 / 39935
Noise margin: 
5.3 dB / 11.6 dB
Line attenuation: 
26.1 dB
Signal attenuation:
VPI / VCI: 
0/38
Modulation: 
G_993_2_ANNEX_B
Latency type: 
Fast Path
Data sent / received: 
8248 MB Uploaded / 8348 MB Downloaded
Broadband username: 
bthomehub@btbroadband.com
BT Wi-fi: 
Active
2.4 GHz wireless network name: 
getlost
2.4 GHz wireless channel: 
Smart (Channel 11)
5 GHz wireless network name: 
getlost
5 GHz wireless channel: 
Smart (Channel 36)
Wireless security: 
WPA2 (Recommended)
Wireless mode: 
Mode 1
Firewall: 
On
MAC address: 
24:20:C7:4D:DD:FF
Software variant: 
-
Boot loader: 

-------------

Sorry for the formatting - I had to remote onto my pc at home via my phone to get this info and then paste it into a gmail draft and it loses its formatting that way.

DSL report here:

0 Ratings