cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kristo
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

NAT Moderate Call of Duty PS3 - Cant fix :-(

Hello all,  this is my first post. I have tried ot sort this without hassling anyone on here but despite many links and pages on the net i just cant get it working.

basically the NAT is moderate in this particular game. I have followed the 'set up static ip' instructions via the bt halp pages (i.e reset router and made the ip address static) - no fix.

I have also added a number of port forwarding ports (3074, 80, 81 and a number of others) as well as I can but the game console, once restarted etc still shows 'moderate'

What can i do as although the online game works and i can play it, i have limited use of it as a portion of it is blocked due to this poor nat setting.....

very frustrated!!

Thank in advance, K

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: NAT Moderate Call of Duty PS3 - Cant fix :-(

This is the only link I can suggest you look at.

NAT Problems on games consoles and computers

People have followed these instructions and have been successful.

Pay special attention to the correct static IP address on the PS3.

0 Ratings
Barfly
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Play Black Ops all the time on the 360. The NAT seems to jump around from open to moderate to occasionally strict. If it's strict, a quick reset will get it to moderate but you can't get it back to open. Sometimes you'll switch the xbox on and the NAT will be open. Seems to be a lottery as to what NAT I get. All my settings are as they should be.

0 Ratings
kenkyle236
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

I would put PS3 on DMZ and firewall disabled, as it works well with my connection
0 Ratings