cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MeanMint
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 367

Re: home hub 2 and xbox 360

Hmmm, I had problems with one of my Xbox's when it was on Powerline adapters, NAT was always strict.

I would log into your HUB via your PC and make sure it has allocated a Unique IP address. Also make sure in the XBOX network settings you have it set to automatic, let the DHCP server select the IP addresses automatically for your home network.

http://meanmint.spaces.live.com/
Highlighted
robmac
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 367

I'll check it out tonight. The NAT settings are open on the new hub and were the same on the old one 😕

It's quite frustrating as when i first turned the new hub on I did get access. I think a refresh all settings and start from scratch might be in order.

0 Ratings
r1sh12
Expert
Message 13 of 367

Nat settings again...(xbox 360 issues)

Hi all,

So my problems just started happening a few days ago, when I decided to get onto my PS3 and play modern warfare with some friends, I noticed that the game said my NAt settings were set to strict. This has happened once before after the homehub updated and a simple restart fixed it. So I restarted the homehub and all was good. 3 days later im on my xbox again on modern warfare and the homehub has done it again and switched the NAt settings to strict, but this time a restart didnt work. I did a full reset and that did not work.

BT moderators can you have the BT team put an option for NAT settings, because the Homehub has a mind of its own. Usually I have been able to fix the problem but this time i couldn't.

I did the DMZ and application settings so its back to open but then my other devices such as PC's laptops etc... are still on a strict nat type.

Does anyone have a permanent fix for this, because its annoying and gets on my nerves when it takes soo long to fix.

Thanks

Quick update: i just tired modern warfare 2 on my ps3 which is connected wirelessly and it does not have a strict nat type. What on earth is going on with your equipment BT?

I hope BT realise customers leave them for this. Check all the game forums etc...

0 Ratings
r1sh12
Expert
Message 14 of 367

Yea, i had the same problem last night but there is a fix for it.

So you should go to your xbox network settings, go to advanced and have a look at the mac address of the xbox. Then go into the router 192.16.1.254:

Settings>Advanced settings>Home network> look under physical connections and locate the xbox via mac address. Select it and it will open device information. At the bottom click application sharing select xbox live.

Now on the tabs again (where the settings buttons etc are) look for applciation sharing (click it)> use the left drop down menu and select xbox live, then select device which is the mac address of the xbox. (you could also rename the xbox in the device info to xbox but it doesnt matter, just for future purposes) once selected click Add.

Now restart your xbox, and homehub (homehub first). Go into MW2 and see if the nat type is open.

That should do it.

I dont know why the homehub switches the nat setting for a wired device to strict but it did it and wouldnt switch back after resets and restarts. So follow the above and it should work. I will warn you though, for some stupid reason it doesnt work for everyone. A friend couldnt get it to switch back to open. Homehubs need to be fixed.

robmac
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 367

great stuff i'll try that tonight.

Been offline for a week in total and getting complete MW2 withdrawl symptoms 😉

0 Ratings
Eamdad
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 367

Re: Nat settings again...(xbox 360 issues)

is the xbox on wire or wireless?

For your PS3 it looks like you have ports open for wireless connection, but no ports open for wired.

0 Ratings
r1sh12
Expert
Message 17 of 367

the xbox is wired using the comtrend powerline adapters. I used the application sharing DMZ thing to make the nat settings open, but it was a pain and took a while before i tried it out.

BT really need to have an option setting for NAT type.

Its crazy the amount of people that have problems with the Homehub and games consoles

0 Ratings
robmac
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 367

ok turned off the hub, left it off for 20 mins then turned the hub back on and fired up the xbox, all good!!!

0 Ratings
r1sh12
Expert
Message 19 of 367

Good to hear although you didnt need to leave the router off for 20 minutes, its just needs to restart so it can apply the new settings.

Not sure how but either you or the mods should put it as solved, and make the solution as a step everyone with gaming issues should take.

0 Ratings
Malacath
Expert
Message 20 of 367

They do have settings to get the NAT open

You can use port forwarding, the DMZ or UPnP.

Your problem is you own both a ps3 and a 360 like me.

It's the ps3 that is at fault.

It seems that not all ps3 games use the standard PSN ports.

The call of duty games on the ps3 use the same TCP/UDP ports as xbox live.

This causes no end of problems with port conflicts causing strict NATS on both the ps3 and 360.

With some brands of routers it's impossible to get round this.

Luckely there are ways around this on the home hub 2.

Putting the 360 in the DMZ is one of them

0 Ratings