Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geaves
Expert
Message 151 of 367

Re: Nat Type Strict

@Paginas wrote:

Hi

I have just got call of duty black ops for my playsyation 3. Online i am having a bit of trouble connecting to some people and it states on the information that my "NAT TYPE = STRICT"

On the ps3 test it says i have nat type 2 which is the best 1 right?

Also i have used the application sharing option on the hub, i added the playstation 3 option.

However it still says STRICT

could someone please help

Thanks

Dan

Seems to be an issue with the game, if you google the problem there appears to be a lot of info but no solution on other forums.

0 Ratings
kentia
Beginner
Message 152 of 367

Re: Nat Type Strict

hi

i to had the same problem with strict nat and black ops tried port forwarding etc to no avail the solution that work for me is as follows

make sure test on playstation shows nat 2

load up cod mw2 look for nat settings my showed nat open

eject dvd

now insert blackops dvd

load as normal

nat will now show open

as long as you do not rest ps3 it will stay

let us know if this works for you

kudos must go to some one else as i read this on another forum

0 Ratings
triathlonstu
Beginner
Message 153 of 367

XBox Live, a strict 'NAT' and losing the will to live.

I've been having problem with the 'NAT' setting on my Xbox being set to strict.

I have added Xbox Live to my Xbox360 in my applications menu of the home hub but to no avail. I've messed about with the UnPnp and the DMZ or whatever they are and nothing.

I briefly experienced some success (1 day) using a tutorial off of YouTube but it has now returned to strict. If I want to play online this needs to be open or at the very most, moderate. 

As I said Im losing the rag a bit. Come home and want to release a bit of tension on the computer and all I have had is grief. Phoned customer services and they suggested I do what I have already done. Tried it multiple times and its wearing very thin now. Just got a letter through from BT saying I should save £60 and sign up for the year! At the moment I would rather pay the extra £60 and get what I pay for!

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Stuart

0 Ratings
geaves
Expert
Message 154 of 367

Re: XBox Live, a strict 'NAT' and losing the will to live.

0 Ratings
triathlonstu
Beginner
Message 155 of 367

Cheers mate, tried that but to no avail.

Yeah it's black ops. I previously had a PS3 and Modern Warfare 2 and it worked fine but it just doesnt like the Xbox at all. Looks like I will be changing providers if this keeps up!

0 Ratings
geaves
Expert
Message 156 of 367

@triathlonstu wrote:

Cheers mate, tried that but to no avail.

Yeah it's black ops. I previously had a PS3 and Modern Warfare 2 and it worked fine but it just doesnt like the Xbox at all. Looks like I will be changing providers if this keeps up!

Its not BT its the game, there are a number of reports regarding Activisions Black Ops, are you wireless or wired?

Connected directly to the hub or through a switch if on Ethernet?

The other option is too assign your Xbox to the DMZ, I would test this option if you do to see if it resolves the NAT issue.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
wally10
Aspiring Contributor
Message 157 of 367

PS3 ISSUES

Hi new here so not sure if im in right place

anyway for some reason my im always having issues when playing certain games on my ps3, when i googled it alot of people say its the bt home hub is this true and or is there anyway to make it more stable ?

thanks neil

0 Ratings
Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 158 of 367

Re: PS3 ISSUES

Some idea of the issues and games might enable others to help.
0 Ratings
triathlonstu
Beginner
Message 159 of 367

Wireless connection.

It seems odd that it would be the game as I redirected the ports and it became open. The problem is it doesnt stay open for very long. My mates have no problem on TalkTalk or Virgin broadband.

Already tried the DMZ and disabling the firewall but it just isnt working. BT were no help whatsoever when I called and couldn't explain why it wouldn't be working.

0 Ratings
wally10
Aspiring Contributor
Message 160 of 367

Re: PS3 ISSUES

Nearly every but most noticeable  games like fifa 11- black-ops - battlefield bad company 2

just get booted all time i know the servers for these games will play apart in it but its not solely the game servers im sure

also why i think its the hub is my friend who lives across road well hes on the same package as me and we can never join each other,can join other friends no problem but not each other

0 Ratings