Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kris1471
Contributor
Message 211 of 367

Re: PLEASE HELP WITH MY XBOX 360

What do you mean usb? 

I know that if I connect with the ethernet it will work as my old xbox did. But I bought the 360s mainly for the built in wireless. MY pc is wireless so I could just put the hub behind the 360 and then connect wirelessly to the net but I should be able to do it the other way round. 

0 Ratings
Rottie
Expert
Message 212 of 367

Hi there,

Have you tried resetting your 360 to factory settings?

Here's how you do it:

From the dashboard, go to My Xbox, then System preferences, scroll to system information and click A, then hit Left Trigger, Right Trigger, X, Y, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, d-pad Up, d-pad Left, d-pad right, Y.

You should then see a confirmation dialog come up. Okay this, then your console will reset.

What I did when I used to use a wireless adapter on my 360, was instead of manually typing the WPA key, I would press the auto connect button on the router and this would automatically connect any new WiFi devices.

To do this, what you need to do is scan for wireless connections and when you locate your wireless network, click OK or join network and at the same time, click the "Wireless Association" button on the side of the HomeHub and you should see the 360 connect to your WiFi network.

What I would suggest you should do, once you have the 360 connected to your WLAN, is to open a browser page at http://bthomehub.home or http://192.168.1.254 and then log in and navigate to "Settings -> Home Network"  and under wireless network, click on your 360 and assign it a static IP address, so that you won't have any NAT problems.

Home Network.jpg

I hope this info helps. 🙂

*Edited to amend factory reset instructions for 360*

0 Ratings
kris1471
Contributor
Message 213 of 367

OK well what i am going to do now is, put my pc to wireless and then put the hub behind the tv and connect via ethernet to the 360. Just need to get a longer broadband cable now... ffs. I have hub a and b here. but I read that we cant use the 2.0 as a 2nd wireless right? Like have 2 hubs working from 1 broadband line? Sucks that the lines are so small. I have 2 broadband cables though, is there a way to connect them both together?

0 Ratings
Rottie
Expert
Message 214 of 367

@kris1471 wrote:

OK well what i am going to do now is, put my pc to wireless and then put the hub behind the tv and connect via ethernet to the 360. Just need to get a longer broadband cable now... ffs. I have hub a and b here. but I read that we cant use the 2.0 as a 2nd wireless right? Like have 2 hubs working from 1 broadband line? Sucks that the lines are so small. I have 2 broadband cables though, is there a way to connect them both together?

Hi again,

There are ethernet couplers available, but if I were you, I would just buy a new lead in the required length, that way, you can be assured that there won't be any issues with the internal pins on the coupler breaking, or whatever.

If you go to your local (IE NOT PCWorld, etc) PC repair store, which you can find on most high streets, usually, you can get a CAT5e lead made to whatever length you require for around £1- £1.50/Metre. 🙂

I hope this info helps. 🙂

0 Ratings
dutyhero
Aspiring Contributor
Message 215 of 367

Help Call of Duty , Black Ops NAT Stuck on Strick. PS3

Dear All,

Dear All,

I have been fighting through this problem since i got the game .I have seen it posted many times however i don't think anyone has got a satisfactory answer.

Problem - NAT is Strict i am unable to join a lot of games , keep getting kicked , can't join parties setup by friends

PS3 says it is at NAT 2 i believe this is fine

BT Home Hub 2 - So far i have tried the Port forwarding info from Port forwarding .com , set the Home hub and ps3 to DMZ , disabled the UPnP and a combination of all of these.

I am no it geek however i can follow simply steps , i will not take offensive from any silly question.

Dear All,

I have been fighting through this problem since i got the game .I have seen it posted many times however i don't think anyone has got a satisfactory answer.

Problem - NAT is Strict i am unable to join a lot of games , keep getting kicked , can't join parties setup by friends

BT Home Hub 2 - So far i have tried the Port forwarding info from Port forwarding .com , set the Home hub and ps3 to DMZ , disabled the UPnP and a combination of all of these.

I am no it geek however i can follow simply steps , i will not take offensive from any silly question.

KInd Regards

Lee

Dear All,

KInd Regards

Lee

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
r1sh12
Expert
Message 216 of 367

Re: Help Call of Duty , Black Ops NAT Stuck on Strick. PS3

Ive had this issue for the past few days...

My xbox randomly switched from open nat type to strict.

Remove and DMZ, prot forwarding upnp settings and set them back to default.

Go into the home hub advanced settings click home network, find the PS3 via its mac code in the Devices section.
Once that page has opened click the always use this IP address .

Now restart the home hub and PS3. Hopefully that works,

If not, go to the home network and IP addresses , click reset to default settings, now click DHCP section and make sure the PS3 has an IP address.

Let me know how that goes, Ill check back when Im free later today.

0 Ratings
kris1471
Contributor
Message 217 of 367

No worries now guys, 360 connected via ethernet and pc via wireless all fine. But I shouldn't have had to do this, but meh... at least everything works 🙂

0 Ratings
dutyhero
Aspiring Contributor
Message 218 of 367

OK , so far i have removed the port forwarding , and the DMZ . I have selected always use this IP address and reset both systems . And the NAT still displays Strict while my PS3 says NAT is 2 .

0 Ratings
r1sh12
Expert
Message 219 of 367

give the xbox a static IP address....
Go to advanced settings, Home Network, Devices, click the xbox.
Tick the box which says always use this IP address, and let us know if that works on the wireless connection.
0 Ratings
dutyhero
Aspiring Contributor
Message 220 of 367

Ok i have completed the second part and reset to default settings and clicked on the DHCP and my PS3 has a IP address
0 Ratings