Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Help100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

NETFLIX ERROR NW-2-5

Go to solution

Hi All

Please can someone assist me , I have today bought and set up my new ethernet cabled connected roku 2 box.  To my horror the netflix app does not load and fails to connect stating error code NW-2-5

For 5 months from march 16  i had this similiar issue with the roku streaming stick the then error UI-113

Eventually UI 113 was fixed but im still awaiting for the long runnning complaint to be addressed at BT , in the end BT gave me a home hub 5 to fix UI 113  and its been working fine,  so this new NW-2-5 error seems to be something remarkably similar and again throws me back here to get BT to correct this.  Is this something i can correct in the hub settings ??

Please can someone help me as i cannot bear to call the help centres to be fobbed off again and waste days to try to get some resolve

many thanks

Helen

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
markeagles4
Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: NETFLIX ERROR NW-2-5

Go to solution

If i remember its to do with BT's 

BT Parental Controls BT Web Protect

I have turned them all off and the netflix app works fine, tbh i dont need it as i have the BT Youview box but that seemed to work ok when all security was on , weird huh.

So turn off P/Controls and W/Protect

Help100
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Mark

Brilliant thankyou.  I did what you said and Netflix app now works so thankyou for this advice its very much appreciated

thanks

Helen .

0 Ratings
babciax2
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
P Controls were off, just turned off W Protect. I think it can take a while but initial test shows no connection. Will keep on trying. Thanks for the suggestion.
0 Ratings
babciax2
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Was it instant?
0 Ratings
patalex2010
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

I also had problems connecting to the Netflix app for around a month on a second SMART TV wirelessly. I kept receiving a nw-2-5 error.

My main TV is connected to the Homehub 6 and the BT YouView box and I've had no problems connecting to Netflix on that at all. For around 6 weeks though I've been unable to connect to the Netflix app on a second SMART TV (Bush model). I'd tried re-initialising the TV, resetting the HomeHub and tried to login to Netflix again and again and trying different combinations of this. I'd contacted Netflix who said it had something to do with BT's DNS settings and I would need to contact BT. I contacted BT several times who said it wasn't their problem as Netflix was working on my main TV and to contact the TV manufacturer. I did that too and even had it sent under warranty to get a hardware update all to no avail.

When I connected the Bush TV it worked fine when connecting to the BT wifi and I could receive other apps like YouTube and the TV's internet browser, but couldn't connect to Netflix at all and kept receiving the dreaded nw-2-5 error. Ironically I could get it to work using a personal hotspot on my mobile but as soon as I changed back to BT wifi I received the nw-2-5 error. After almost 6 weeks of tearing my hair out it looks like I've finally found the solution.

I've had to switch off the HomeHub 6 Smart Setup, BT Parental Controls AND BT Webprotect in order to get it to work. I've tried it several times over and at last it's working.

I hope this information is helpful and will help save someone many, many hours of contacting various sources and trying different methods to help find a solution.    

0 Ratings
Franco1
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi,

i can confirm that this error code is DEFINATELY caused by turning on BT Web protect and parental filters.My NETFLIX stopped working on my smart tv the day I turned these BT features on. NETFLIX still worked perfectly well on my iPads and pc it just wouldn't connect on the smart TV.

BT will deny this and blame Netflix and then your TV.

I spend hours trying to sort this problem before I finally found this post,highly annoying.

If you have been unfortunate enough to go through this too you must turn off AND delete your parental settings and web protect and reset your BT hub on the "pin reset" on back of hub. Once you've done this I'm guessing,as mine was, that your issue will be resolved.

0 Ratings
Humdingings
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Just to add, I searched high and low for fixes to the nw 25 error on my TV, tried all the basics such as firewall, dmz and static ip allocation and no parental controls but all didn't resolve my issue, all other TVs worked fine lg, ps4, ipad and fire stick, just the celcus tv didn't work) I amended the dns settings on the TV to manual from the network settings and entered BT's default dns manually and hey presto it fired into life and started to work perfectly fine. A quick Google search will reveal the BT dns servers
0 Ratings