cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keen-m
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

NEW TO BT - STILL NO BROADBAND!!

Hi, I hope sombody out there can help me out, because I am at my wits end! After 15 years with Sky and after watching all the BT ads I decided several weeks ago to take the plunge and switch my TV and broadband to BT, a decision which I am desperately regretting now.

Everything appeared to be progressing smoothly and I was given a switch over date of Monday 27th July. My husband took the day off work and an engineer came to install an aerial, but by the late afternoon we still had no broadband; so I phoned BT - the first of what was to be many phone calls to a call centre in India.  

I was shocked when I was told that my broadband had been cancelled, as I had phoned the Thursday before to check that everything was in place, and had been told everything was in order. Naturally I complained about the situation, said that BT were in breach of the contract that they had with me and asked to be passed on to a manager to have my order expedited. 

I spoke to a manager, well in fact several over the week, and was promised numerous returned calls of which I have received one! But there still has been no resolution. On the contrary, the dates for completion keep getting cancelled and put further back. Everytime I phone about this, I have exactly the same non-commital conversation with someone in a call centre in India; I'm just going round in circles. Apparently my date for completion is now 8th August, but I seriously doubt this will happen!

I'm not sure why BT cancelled my services on 27th July if they could not replace them! My complaints are falling on deaf ears, and the customer services advisors have at times been abrupt. Does anyone know how to resolve this in a timely manner?

Waiting with fingers crossed...

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
PaddyB
Message 2 of 9

Re: NEW TO BT - STILL NO BROADBAND!!

Hi Keen-m,

Welcome to the community forum. I am really sorry to hear about the delay in activating your Broadband service. I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB 

0 Ratings
keen-m
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Hi PaddyB

Thanks for replying. I have completed the enquiry form and wait in anticipation for your response - hopefully a swift resolution.

keen-m

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them via their contact form
They will contact you personally by email or phone.
0 Ratings
Kazi
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

I cannot believe someone is living the same nightmare I've been going through
I am so stressed out it's beyond belief
I too was told exactly the same excuses as yourself and yes I had a couple of advisors who were abrupt
Broadband is now connected but I had to wait 26 days after my promised connection date!
But after originally being told I could still have the Disney channels it turns out I can't so I cannot have the tv package I was originally promised!
I've been a BT customer for so many years and I would never recommend them to anyone after this horrible experience! !
I really feel for you.

0 Ratings
Kazi
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Further to my above comments, while waiting for nearly a month for broadband after my promised connection date I incurred data charges with my mobile provider as I'd gone over my limit! !
Then my direct debit was taken and BT had charged me for the broadband (that obviously I didn't have )and the tv channels that I couldn't have and twice for anytime phone calls! !!
I now am back in stress mode trying to explain to my brother who lives with me who has learning difficulties and autism why I'm unable to put on his beloved Disney channels! !
Icing on the cake is that I look out of my bedroom window and BT Openreach is my neighbour. ..I can practically touch the building. Lol.
0 Ratings
keen-m
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Hi Kazi,

Thanks for replying to my post. On one hand it's reassuring that someone else out there can sympathise with my experience, but on the other it's frustrating to know that it's not just a one off incident! I can totally empathise with you, the switchover to BT has been just too stressful!

I hope BT sort out your issues soon.

0 Ratings
Tracy-C
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

I feel your pain ....I'm in a similar situation - it's now six weeks since my first engineers visit and still no broadband ! Though I cancelled by DD so they couldn't take the money........ I've now had a second ( increased) bill along with a threat of disconnection ! ( though I have no service !) ..... I'd love for them to try 😉 I've now been told it'll be at least another 4 weeks - so I'm thinking of telling them to shove it - luckily I'm in a 4g area so looking at a 4g mobile wifi and maybe amazon fire tv instead .......
0 Ratings
keen-m
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

I can totally sympathise with you.

To be honest with you the whole experience of switching from Sky to BT has been an absolute nightmare! Luckily I do have broadband now (eventually activated on 8th August), but I still don't have my TV package which was confirmed back on 13th July!

The switch has been an endless cycle of phone calls to a call centre in India, promises which have not been fulfilled and disappointment. 

0 Ratings