cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanielS
Message 11 of 15

Re: NO INTERNET AND WRONG PHONE NUMBER

Hi @Christine,

I can completely understand why you would be upset over this. I've spoken with the BT Care Team and I've asked that they take a look into this today instead of waiting for our suppliers to come back to us. We'll be in touch with you personally later today.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Christine
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 15

Well her internet went live late yesterday, and I've set up her email and phone calling features.

We just need to know if she will ever get her old phone number, and we could be sorted?

C

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 15

@Christine wrote:

Well her internet went live late yesterday, and I've set up her email and phone calling features.

We just need to know if she will ever get her old phone number, and we could be sorted?

C

Some progress at least.

If her old number was with Virgin, then it will depend on how long Virgin take to release the number to BT Retail.

Was she always with Virgin before, or was the phone number issue by another Service Provider, and then transferred to Virgin?

The number is owned by the original issuer, and can be ported between providers, providing they agree to release it.

0 Ratings
Christine
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 15

It was originally a BT number moved to Virgin around 8 years ago.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 15

@Christine wrote:

It was originally a BT number moved to Virgin around 8 years ago.

Then provided she is still connected to the same BT exchange as she was when last with BT, it should be easy to port the number over.

What BT cannot do, is to port a BT number from one exchange to another. So if the original BT number was on exchange A, then it cannot be ported to exchange B, as each exchange has its own allocated number range, which cannot be duplicated on another.

0 Ratings