cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christine
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 15

NO INTERNET AND WRONG PHONE NUMBER

So, my mother has moved to her new home, and I persuaded her to move from Virgin to BT......I now am regretting this!

Her BB activation date has passed, and no internet. A live chat has told me it will be another week due to no exchange capacity despite me explaining she is disabled and needs the internet to order medication and food.

Her old number was supposed to be transferred too as clearly stated on the order confirmation, but she has been given a new number, and the chat assistant just told me there was no request to transfer! Err why is it on the order then I asked, oh just make a complaint I was advised!

Requesing help please guys

Christine

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 15

Re: NO INTERNET AND WRONG PHONE NUMBER

Hi @Christine

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

I'm sorry for the delay connecting services for your Mum at her new home.  I'm going to be completely honest and say not much can be done to speed up an install where there is a capacity issue.

I'm happy to pick this up though to take a closer look at the order and get a better understanding of how long this is going to take.  As long as your Mum has moved and is connected off the same exchange then she should be able to get her original number back also.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Christine
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 15

Thanks Robbie, message sent,

Christine
0 Ratings
Christine
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 15

Good job this has been picked up by the Mods, as there has been no communication from BT regarding this despite me spending an hour speaking to the help desk before asking for help here. 

In the meantime my mother has run out of medication so I'm having to run around and sort things out the old fashoned way.

Maybe BT will be sending her a nice fat gift voucher for the massive inconvenience they are still causing.

0 Ratings
Christine
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 15

This is now becoming very annoying!

There has been no update, so I've just spent another two hours online to the next to useless indian call centre just to be told there should be an update on the 8th, that will be 16 days after the promised activation date on the original order.

Why are orders being taken that cannot be honoured?

After Friday I want to escalate to a formal complant

This is just not good enough

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 6 of 15

@Christine Sorry you were not updated as promised. I will email your case handler to contact you tomorrow to update you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Christine
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 15

Thanks John

0 Ratings
Christine
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 15

So, today mother had a call, and she is told that next week they might be able to tell her when she will get a connection, and now he knows nothing about retaining her old number.

ACTIVATION WAS DUE 22nd JUNE, SO BY NEXT WEEK WILL BE TWENTY THREE DAYS OVERDUE

SHE IS A DISABLED AND ELDERLY PERSON WHO RELIES ON THE INTERNET FOR MEDICATION AND FOOD

WHY DID BT TAKE AN ORDER THEY CANNOT COMPLETE

MODS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO MAKE  FORMAL COMPLAINT

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 9 of 15

Hi @Christine,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems your Mum has trying to get her broadband service set up. I spoke with the person handling this who has stated our suppliers have a technical glitch preventing the order from moving forward. Basically, until they fix that issue, we can't appoint an engineer. It is being worked on.

Even though you already have a formal complaint open with the BT Care team; you can use the following link if you aren't happy with how it's being handled: BT Complaints.

Also, see Customer Complaints Code of Practice as it explains what options are open to you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Christine
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 15

Sorry DanielS for the outburst, but this is just so frustrating as we are having to help care for mother as she has no internet to organize food amd medicines herself. She is becoming very stressed over this.

We are stuck here, and if we were told that a connection would be some time, we would still have moved to BT for a high speed connection, but she could have used a low speed copper connection with her old provider Virgin in the interim.

We are dreading her first bill and what charges will be on that!

Regards,

C

0 Ratings