cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_dreamer_
Aspiring Expert
Message 111 of 130

Re: NTP synchronisation Failure HHB5B

After many failures, I also had successfull  entry at 17.13. Fingers crossed it stays like it.

0 Ratings
keb17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 112 of 130

Its working - hooray !! Clock time came back just after 8pm. Thanks everyone for all the advice 👍😘
0 Ratings
Philip_Clarke
Aspiring Contributor
Message 113 of 130

And my "old" HH5 has just got time working and guess what? the DNS for the ntp server has changed just like was suggested as a workaround solution. Possibly BT should consider crowd sourcing it's tech support.

0 Ratings
drmrbrewer
Contributor
Message 114 of 130

Yes, back up and running.

0 Ratings
Kate-has-had-enough
Aspiring Contributor
Message 115 of 130

Absolutely brilliant, thanks all for the support and advice, I like to think I played a small part in it by communicating with Gavin CEO, but everyone who complained and contacted BT thank you so much.  I can claim a tiny bit of control back from the kids, not much I realise and I'm sure they will get round the barriers quickly but a nice end to the end to the week Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Philip_Clarke
Aspiring Contributor
Message 116 of 130

I think that you did more than you think and that if it were not for the mods removing the CEO's name and the names of anyone with the authority to do anything, plus the mods not seeming to have received the "you can email me directly" memo, things would have got done a lot faster. I think yours should be marked up as the accepted answer "email the CEO whose name and contact details I can't post".

Meanwhile I'm peeved, after going through the "proper channels" and receiving a replacement router, not only do I find that it does not work, does not respond to the hardware reset button, but also I just discovered that on the bottom it's a homehub Type A, so not only was I sent a broken device which wouldn't have solved the issue regardless, whereas I should have "inifinity" I got downgraded 😞 I shall spend numerous hours on the phone to bangalore with the useless telephone support trying to solve this tomorrow (It's not a race or outsourcing issue I have, my son is mixed race his mother being from Banglaore), takes the biscuit really.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 117 of 130

What do you mean "whereas I should have "inifinity" I got downgraded"?

0 Ratings
Philip_Clarke
Aspiring Contributor
Message 118 of 130

I pay for

Unlimited Broadband with BT Infinity 2

(pasted straight from my online bill)

I started on this thread with a non-working BT Home Hub 5 Type B. The replacement sent (after conversation with Banglaore) was a broken Type A according to the bottom of the hub. I believe I should have been sent

BT Smart Hub

(pasted from the product page as the router I should have with my package), also apparently I am over paying by £117 per year according to BT's own calculator which is pretty stunnung (only found that out by clicking on a link in myBt this morning after your question). So I'm already running an inferior router, have been sent a replacement broken even more inferior router and am paying too much for the privilege, I'd say that "downgraded" was a pretty accurate description.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 119 of 130

You can believe what you want, it doesn't make it true. BT don't distinguish between the 5A & 5B and you would have been sent the first one off the shelf. The fact it was inoperative is inexcusable. Then again there was nothing wrong with the one you had.

You thought you'd pulled a fast one but it hasn't worked out for you. As regards you bill I cannot comment on that but are you sure you aren't including the offers new customers get?

0 Ratings
Philip_Clarke
Aspiring Contributor
Message 120 of 130

I am very sure it is an existing customer offer, as for a "fast one", I phoned up to report a fault, I never suggested that they send a new router, I was not aware until your post this morning that I was on the wrong one either. I did however suggest that since BT was ignoring the advice posted here about changing the NTP DNS settings (that eventually solved the issue) not only by myself but by a 30 year experienced network engineer, that others might as well take up the offer of free routers until someone paid attention and it affected their bottom line.

Quite frankly I do not think of getting a free router (and now I learn "correct" for my existing package for which I am overpaying) as pulling a fast one, I think of it as compensation for a service that is not living up to standard.
0 Ratings