cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 130

Re: NTP synchronisation Failure HHB5B

I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 130

@john46 thank you !
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 130

Hi Everyone,

I'm really sorry about the problems you have been experiencing with your Hubs access controls feature.  I've brought this thread to the attention of the Network and Hub teams and as soon as I have any updates I'll post back here.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 130

Hi all,

Be interesting to know how widespread the problem is as nobody gives an indication.  I'm off the Goscote exchange and had this problem on the HH5B since 8 am on the 10th June.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 130

Re: BT HomeHub5 Access Control & Current Time

i have the exact same problem! The access control feature has stopped working as it cannot retrieve the current time. I have been on the phone for over an hour and getting nowhere! I have been told i need to pay for the premium technical line to get any help..

Just been told to ring 0800 032 1118 which is  a technical helpdesk number. 

BT have just done a line test for me and say there is no fault on the broadband connection. I have replaced my home hub 5 with a brand new (spare) home hub 5 and the EXACT SAME PROBLEM OCCURS.

If i get anywhere I will post the info on here.

Regards

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 130

BT Access control menu cannot retrieve the time and so the whole access control system will not work. This has occured for the first time in the last few days. Have swapped hubs, has the exact same problem. Been on the phone to BT for over an hour - they have no idea what the problem is and just want me to call the premium rate technical helpline. The have run tests on my connection and all looks ok.

Seems we just need to establish how to get the time to retrieve then all should be ok... 

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 17 of 130

Just wanted to add a 'me too' to this one. Access control just stuck on "Retrieving..." current time.

Log full of 17:26:16, 07 May. (59192.320000) NTP synchronization failure!

Something is obviously borked on the BT network with the time servers. This really shouldn't be taking them days to acknowledge or fix. Surely some nagios or new relic board in some distant NOC has got big flashing red symbols on. Why is this all kept sp cloak and dagger?

Acknowledge the problem to the client base then post a fix target. Simple service management, it's not rocket science. (BTW not aimed at the moderators, just a general pop at BT's antipathy to its customers).

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 130

Update: After 90 mins on the phone BT have concluded that there is NO FAULT !!
Tried various reset refresh etc etc - still cannot retrieve the time. They are now sending out an engineer on Friday .......
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 19 of 130

Just to add for people investigating this issue. My HH4 also has pages of NTP failure, BUT, Access Control Time is working!

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 130

0 Ratings