cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 130

Re: NTP synchronisation Failure HHB5B

I'm well aware that India would not be able to solve the issue, I'm also aware that they neglect to tell you things like hardware resetting the hub with a pin will cause the hub to go into "smart set up" for all the devices, but since once they are stumped they are sending out brand new hubs (which may have a firmware update as that's been broken for years) and possibly when it affects their bottom line someone will go and turn the time server back on.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 32 of 130

And there lies the whole sham of a mockery of a mockery of a sham...

So we are told by the mods that BT engineering teams are aware and are investigating, but their support channel are not aware that there is an issue and are sending out replacement hubs right, left and centre. How difficult is it to put a Message Of The Day up for the support teams that says, we have an ongoing issue with NTP time servers, and a proposed fix time. Maybe it should appear on the BT status page. It's the whole secretive, not admitiing they have an issue publicly that really grinds my gears.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 33 of 130

Hi all,

My HH4 seems to have been fixed overnight. No more NTP Failures. Last entry was "NTP synchronization success!". I can't see from the logs how it was fixed though.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 34 of 130

Yes I've had countless frustrating hours / days in the past knocking my head against a brick wall trying to get anywhere with BT support... and failing.  That's why I come here every time now... the mods here are generally able to pull strings and get things done.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 130

But did you get a free replacement router? Ok I know that it's probably not going to fix the firmware and time server issues, but a spare is always handy (you could put it on ebay) and until their bottom line is affected I doubt that anyone's going to be really assigned to the issue, I have no idea about the quality of the mods here, but I does rather irritate me to be guided towards the phone support when I was a network/ linux engineer and then be asked questions from a computer screen and patronised if I divert from their script.

I use access controls for good reason, resetting the hardware to defaults is just bonkers when pinging the time server shows it's down, my son's a teenager, it's not as if he's not going to try and turn off the access controls, so now I have to change the passwords from the defaults printed on the router, all effort and time I have to spend because the phone support is for the lowest common denominator. There really should be some kind of prioritising system which isn't elitism, I'm prepared to offer free diagnostic information that could help an engineer somewhere higher up the chain and solve everyone's problem, instead I'm being asked to "turn it on and off" again and "did the lights come on". It's a little irksome.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 36 of 130

Indeed.  Every time I call up with pretty much any problem, step 1 is to be told to try plugging the router into the test socket.  Yes, it a sensible thing to try as a first step for certain issues, but to have this suggested each and every time (of multiple times) you call them does get very irritating.  Step 2 is to send a new router.  With the mods here, my experience has been that they take up an issue and pursue it to the bitter end, without any need on my part to keep chasing or explaining the same thing to difference operators every time.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 130

Re: home hub 5 - current time problem

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 130

please help me with the BT SmartHub internal clock

Hello

Just signed up to this forum so that I can hopefully get some help from you as the help from BT has been unproductive.

Last week I took delivery of a new smarthub, with the promise of being able to control my teenagers' internet access.  I'm not keen on them being on it through the night.  I have logged into the Access Control to set them up but I have not found a way to reset the "current time" which at the moment tells me that it is 01:20am although the actual time is 2:48pm.  This makes it very difficult to set up the correct restrictions, although I'm sure that if I sat down long enough with a paper and pen then I would be able to do so.  However as soon as the hub is switched off so the time will reset itself back to 12:00am and so be able to override the restrictions set on the access.  My children will very quickly work out that all they need to do is switch it off and on again every evening to be able to override my restrictions.

So the question is, is there a way of setting the correct time on the internal clock, and can I make sure that it stays at the right time?   

please, I am at my wits end.

I have been in contact with BT help who first of all decided that the hub was faulty so they sent me another one, there is no difference.  they have today just sent me a link to the help pages and how to set up my homehub, it is very basic and I have done all that is required there - i think!

Thanks for reading

kate

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 39 of 130

Re: please help me with the BT SmartHub internal clock

Hi @Kate-has-had-enough

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry you're having this problem too.  I have moved your post to this thread to keep the conversation in the one place.  We are investigating the problem you're having at the moment.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 40 of 130

Re: please help me with the BT SmartHub internal clock

Thank you, it's reassuring to see I'm not alone, I look forward to hearing about a solution.

0 Ratings