Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 130

Re: please help me with the BT SmartHub internal clock

How it can take this long to re-boot an NTP server is beyond belief.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 42 of 130

no you cannot set the time manually The forum moderators are already aware of the problem and will post back on the link I posted earlier as soon as they get more information there is no point in calling the help line as they do not have access to the information needed
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 43 of 130

Kate there is an issue, however BT don't seem to want to admit that there is and their support teams just keep on shipping out more Hubs. Until BT sort out the issue with their NTP services this problem will not go away. We keep getting reminded that the Mods in this forum have made BT aware and the last thing was 30 hours ago that they had informed relevant BT engineering teams of the existence of this thread. Well I'm not sure what SLA's BT work on but they certainly wouldn't be able to get away with it in the real world that the rest of us operate in.

So Kate the short version is that we will all just have to wait until someone at BT can be bothered to do something.

Before all the sages jump in to tell me that the mods have made someone aware of this thread, we have no evidence that BT engineering are working on this and even less evidence that they are even acknowledging the problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 44 of 130

@TheOldWiseMan wrote:

Kate there is an issue, however BT don't seem to want to admit that there is and their support teams just keep on shipping out more Hubs. Until BT sort out the issue with their NTP services this problem will not go away. We keep getting reminded that the Mods in this forum have made BT aware and the last thing was 30 hours ago that they had informed relevant BT engineering teams of the existence of this thread. Well I'm not sure what SLA's BT work on but they certainly wouldn't be able to get away with it in the real world that the rest of us operate in.

So Kate the short version is that we will all just have to wait until someone at BT can be bothered to do something.

Before all the sages jump in to tell me that the mods have made someone aware of this thread, we have no evidence that BT engineering are working on this and even less evidence that they are even acknowledging the problem.

The last mod entry here was 10 mins ago not 30hrs.

BT support teams are unaware of any problem as it is not in their remit. The problem lies with BTWholesale's server which has nothing to do with your ISP BT Retail.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 45 of 130

I think the point is that it's not being the wit of man or woman for BTWholesale to talk to BTRetail.  From a customer perspective, it's just BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 130

Yes, as far as I am concerned it IS just BT.  They have charged me for this hub which doesn't do the one thing I need it to do and now appear to wash their hands of it whilst still keeping my money.

when I placed the order it was with the company BT, so surely they need to sort it out.  Arrgghhh.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 47 of 130

The last mode entry popped in while I was typing, but it said nothing more than the previous mode comment 30 hours previous.

I struggle with your last statement though. Evidence indeed that Openreach needs to accelerate the split from BT retail and allow other suppliers to negotiate proper SLA based relationships that can provide an acceptable level of customer service.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 130

Perhaps the CEO ought to be informed. Smiley Wink Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 49 of 130

@kate, I posted earlier in this thread about the Circle device for parental controls. It really is great. Look it up, my experience of it has been brilliant.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 50 of 130

It is nothing to do with Openreach or BT retail
0 Ratings