cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 61 of 130

Re: please help me with the BT SmartHub internal clock

@Kate-has-had-enough wrote:

Oops sorry, I didn't know, guess my message will be removed.  I did just google him though, it really wasn't tricky 

It's a little off that the mods step in to remove his address, when he welcomes direct email (filtered through a bevy of PA's no doubt) but won't post whether they've bothered to get the NTP server working/ rebooted/ looked at.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 62 of 130

Unfortunately as the parental controls are not functional our children can now surf the net without restriction, viewing inappropriate content. If I recall your company is legally required to give us the option to block out inappropriate content.

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 63 of 130

I don't know how it can be made any clearer. The issue is being investigated and obviously must be more than simply rebooting the server. If it's being investgated then obviously it is being looked at.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 64 of 130

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 65 of 130

Re: NTP synchronisation Failure HHB5B

Content block is done separately via parental controls. Problem is it affects all devices in the same way so not much use in practice if you need to vary settings by device. Access control is fantastic - but this current situation with the 'current time retrieving' makes it useless. I too have emailed the ceo - just Google BT CEO email - comes straight up.
0 Ratings
Message 66 of 130

Same for me. Started about the same time as the first post here.

Occasionially it manages to set the time, usually just after a factory reset that blows all my acces restrictions away...

I was sent a new router.

Now talking to a "supervisor". Hopefully they'll pass it on to a techie.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 67 of 130

That's as I thought. But Parental Controls isn't affected by this issue is it... it is not dependent on time for a start... so inappropriate content is being blocked as it should?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 68 of 130

@drmrbrewer

had a pc problem and was unable to complete the post Parental controls operate at network level Access control is at hub level therefore the NTP problem has no effect on the Parental controls operation 

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 69 of 130

@drmrbrewer wrote:

Because using the Tor Browser (or a free VPN) means that the online configured parental controls for BT can be circumvented by my 13 year old. So I need an entire block feature and time limits. Yes you are correct in your comments though, but the only guaranteed way of blocking inappropriate content is by time limits and access control.

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 70 of 130

@Philip_Clarke wrote:

@drmrbrewer wrote:

Because using the Tor Browser (or a free VPN) means that the online configured parental controls for BT can be circumvented by my 13 year old. So I need an entire block feature and time limits. Yes you are correct in your comments though, but the only guaranteed way of blocking inappropriate content is by time limits and access control.

I know it doesn't help you or the others experiencing the problem but now you know why I never use and recommend others don't use ISP supplied equipment.

0 Ratings