Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 81 of 102

Re: National BB fault?

@Somerled wrote:

Informed speculation in other places seems to indicate a major problem with BRAS servers. If this is correct, it's to be expected that customers' IP Profiles and Target SNRs will have been corrupted - possibly reset back to some sort of default. This could account for the very strange line parameters being reported by those restored to service.

The current dribble of information from BT is in no-one's interest - in particular, to the help desk which seems to have been fed minimal information. It's quite clear that those who DO know are withholding the facts.

Why ?

According to the BBC link :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-11656851

it should have been pretty much fixed by Saturday morning. However there do seem to be pockets of problems, probably as a result of the massive hardware failure.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 82 of 102

More likely than not ...  a metro node failure.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 83 of 102

Has anyone elses broadband went down again? Getting steady orange light same as friday. Service line is constantly engaged again as well. Is this same fault back?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 84 of 102

Mine is just back on...same bleepin s**t as Friday...unfortunately used the stupid home hub to connect with...then put on the net gear....

Speed test is a laughable

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1391 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 400-2000 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :5024 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 1500 Kbps

really sick of this **bleep**..so much for their DLM "blip" logic...."Bleep" logic

Really hope their **bleep** infrastructure fails completely...has anyone elses ip profile been nobbled by these w**kers?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 85 of 102

Are folks still having issues?
Have your lines steadied out now?
Kind Regards
Andy
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 86 of 102

I know it's a long shot but will we get a discount or at least an apology for this.

Come on moderators, don't be afraid, we won't bite if you can at least give us some sort of explanation.

Don't forget, this didn't just affect BB but also BTV VOD content.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 87 of 102

i am in 01450 code, and was affected initially when this outage occurred, it was on and off, mostly off for a few days

before that, consistantly my router would show ~8272000 bps sync, been that way for years.

ever since the 'outage' my router has gone down to ~6272000 bps sync, an approximate drop of 2 megabits

my SNR is now ~14-15, and always has been that at +~8meg, same for the loop attenuation @ ~23. (so those havent changed)

its been stable and back on now for over 5 days.

why has my established connection dropped by two megs, is it temporary relating to this 'outage' or is set to stay that way?

thanks for any pointers!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 88 of 102

Plusnet (A BT owned ISP, and using the BT network) have just announced that there are major problems in the network. Rumours from within BT suggest that maintenance has been taking place at the site of the previous major outage (Edinburgh).

http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2

It appears that customers throughout the UK are affected, going by the exchanges listed. Not just the North, it seems.

Will BT keep it's own customers as well informed as it's partner does ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 89 of 102

@meatyman wrote:

I know it's a long shot but will we get a discount or at least an apology for this.

Come on moderators, don't be afraid, we won't bite if you can at least give us some sort of explanation.

Don't forget, this didn't just affect BB but also BTV VOD content.

The handling of the whole business has been terrible, BT Broadband should sack the heads of their customer relation (when you eventually get through to someone on 0800 the operators seem to have no idea what is going on) and PR departments.

Someone points out above the other ISPs are giving their own customers far more information than BT but they seem to be getting the information from BT.

I am sure the big customers will be wanting some compensation so it would be good if they announced an free period for every other customer but I suspect they won't and just carry on with the current BT policy of burying their head in the sand and hoping no one notices that they have been having problems.

MB

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 90 of 102

i have had problems all week and knowone can tell me what the fault is.. I dont beleive BT anyway as the Indian girl i spoke to told me a pack of lies, she said there was work going on in my exchange and then when nothing was fixed i rang to be told a completley diferent reason for slow speeds.

Well here it is my superfast BB speed from BT, and this has been like this for 3 days without anyone even trying to change my IP profile.......

Download speedachieved during the test was - 200 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :2848 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 250 Kbps

^^Look at that for a modern internet connection^^

0 Ratings