cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boab2791
Beginner
Message 71 of 102

Re: National BB fault?

Still unable to connect to BB, over 24 hours now without.

BB light on HUb is solid Orange and pressing connect in Hub Manager results in an hub page coming up saying problem with broadband.

The stats page is showing its connected and sync'd to the exchange but I guess the connection is not being authenicated by the RAS servers.

Trying to call the BT folk, been waiting for over 20 minutes now.

0 Ratings
andylloyd
Aspiring Expert
Message 72 of 102

Still no access in Dunston.
Been down since Friday evening.
Just re-booted hub v1 still only got wireless, broadband and data lights lit!
What is happening???
Kind Regards
Andy
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 73 of 102

Hi Andy

Have you tried to power down the hub for at least 3 minutes, possibly 10 minutes going by earlier advice from BT, before attempting to reconnect?

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
andylloyd
Aspiring Expert
Message 74 of 102

Tried all of that and still nothing Smiley Sad

Just spent 45 mins on the phone to India and at long last I do have something of a service Smiley Wink

Line speed is shockingly slow and apparently there is still a temporary fault in Edinburgh affecting us northerner's.

Job has apparently been raised for an engineer to visit the exchange to update my line...

We shall have to wait and see Smiley Wink

Kind Regards
Andy
0 Ratings
chrisvc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 75 of 102

Having similar problems in Prudhoe. Was told yesterday to wait 24 hours for a call back to arrange engineer visit. No call forthcoming so I called to be told there was no fault now and it would be passed to engineering department. Funny that they didn't blame the Edinburgh problem today - would be nice to get the truth instead of a load. Don't get your hopes up that's all I can say as I've been on them since saturday and my speed is still 680kbps (down from 6mbps) I wouldn't mind if I thought anyone was interested in sorted it out. Keep us posted please!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 76 of 102

@ Andy - good luck!

@ chris - Well although the following was issued yesterday, Plusnet (owned by BT Group) did announce:

"Our suppliers have updated us with regards to the above issue. The root cause seems to be within the Edinburgh exchange and engineers are currently on site.

This issue can affect customers located anywhere within the UK, not just Northern Ireland, Scotland and Northern England as previously advised
".

(my bold)

I'll let you make your own mind up on this...

andylloyd
Aspiring Expert
Message 77 of 102

Hi Chris,

will keep you posted fella Smiley Wink

Line speed before the outage was about 7.5 now its 3.5 grrrrr

Kind Regards
Andy
0 Ratings
andylloyd
Aspiring Expert
Message 78 of 102

Cheers for the extra info DS.

Shame BT cant give their customers updates like that Smiley Sad

Is there any 'Official line' from the 'Mods' on here at all please?

Kind Regards
Andy
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 79 of 102

@andylloyd wrote:

Cheers for the extra info DS.

No probs. You could keep an eye on the following (up north is currently mentioned!)

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status

and

http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=connectivity

Shame BT cant give their customers updates like that Smiley Sad

Is there any 'Official line' from the 'Mods' on here at all please?

Mmm, is a bit quiet on this threadSmiley Indifferent...

0 Ratings
Somerled
Aspiring Expert
Message 80 of 102

Informed speculation in other places seems to indicate a major problem with BRAS servers. If this is correct, it's to be expected that customers' IP Profiles and Target SNRs will have been corrupted - possibly reset back to some sort of default. This could account for the very strange line parameters being reported by those restored to service.

The current dribble of information from BT is in no-one's interest - in particular, to the help desk which seems to have been fed minimal information. It's quite clear that those who DO know are withholding the facts.

Why ?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings