cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billy_yujia
Message 1 of 4

Need ADSL Status Information of Bt Infinity Option 2.

Hi

My Bt Infinity option 2 was activated on 18/06. On the activation day, Engineer Test the speed was 53mbps, it is good enough to me even it was not 76mbps.

But during these 10 days my speed kept going down 51,48,46 then 45mbps now. And speedtest.net shows my location at Bournemouth. But I am in Centre London. When I am calling BT tech for help I also found there is a little bit noise in my phone. Now I want to know how to check ADSL status information. As if there is something wrong with Noise Margin then I can request Bt to reset it to normal, can't I?

I will be happy if the speed can go back to original speed 53mbps.

Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Need ADSL Status Information of Bt Infinity Option 2.

all the stats are in the modem not the router and there is no access to the modem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

your IP address will show that as it how you are routed to The network it is nothing to worry about as for adjustments they cannot be done by BT as they have no access to do such adjustments the network is controlled by OPENREACH if it is noise on your phone line and you can hear it that need resolving by BT faults on 151 after the noise is rectified then you line will improve automatically given time when the DLM sees stability on your connection
0 Ratings
astar27
Expert
Message 4 of 4

53 down to 45 is not a drop worth investigating in openreach's mind. im afraid unless it gets substantially worse it's not worth the resources looking into. I would only say it would be worth looking into if it drops below 40 meg
0 Ratings