Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeunuineUnhappy
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Need Help - Encountering Poor Service.

Dear All

I am starting this thread for what I hope is an answer to my problems with BT.

I became aware I would have a problem paying a bill, I contacted BT and informed them of this. I had no issues with BT not being very flexible with the payment date (they could delay it by 2 days) but was informed my services would become restricted and if I did not pay by 2nd of the following month. I was also advised to pay over the phone using credit card to ensure the payment was processed in a timely fashion.

I paid the bill as instructed with a ocuple days to spare, got a payment confirmation number and was told my services would be back within 24hrs. To my suprise when returning home a week later ( I work away ) my services had still not returned.

After several phone calls talking to an automated voice which clearly has problems understanding English spoken clearly I managed to speak to an advisor who told me that my services had been stopped. I was informed that there was nothing the advisor could do.

When I asked to speak to a manager I was told I would be called back - later that day to my pleasant suprise I was called and told that BT had made a mistake and my services would be back on within 1hr.

The following day my services had still not returned so I am on the phone again - Again informed that BT had made a mistake and my case had been 'escalated' and I would be called back.

2 Days later I am still waiting.

Can anyone please advise the best way to proceed. My bill is paid but BT just seems incapable of reconnecting my services even though they admit they are in the wrong.

Advise greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

Anon

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Need Help - Encountering Poor Service.

If you would like to try Live Chat they should be able to help you.

If not, then post back here again.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

0 Ratings
GeunuineUnhappy
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Yes I tried the live chat.

It appears because they cancelled my service (which I did not want) they took a long time to find my details before telling me there was nothing they could do..

I emailed a complaint and am still waiting for a call back.

If anyone out there can take possession of this issue I would be grateful.

All I ever did was inform BT I would be late with a pyament and then make the payment within the time limit and be told my restriced services would be back.

Then when my services do not return I am told they (BT) made a mistake but there is nothing anyone could do as my contract has now been cancelled.

I myself am bilingual and work in customer service so when I ask for someone with fluent English language skils I am not being xenophobic.

Today I received a letter telling me I needed to pay over £200 for cancelling my contract.

Can anyone please help

Thanks

Anon

0 Ratings
GeunuineUnhappy
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Interesting link thanks

By the way it reads I would be elidgible for compensation. 

Would just love to get my internet back but if this goes on much longer I will pursue this - thanks again.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

The moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to three working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 7 of 8

Hi GeunuineUnhappy,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry you're service haven't been restored. I can look into this for you if you wish. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
GeunuineUnhappy
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Checked my emails today (at internet cafe 😞 and saw this reply.

DavidM - Thanks will drop the details tomorrow and hope you can work this out.

0 Ratings